[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
500$ Budget
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: DaWyDCD.jpg (79 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DaWyDCD.jpg
79 KB, 500x500
Aiming to make a high-end CPU for mainly gaming and audio production.
What would you recommend, /g/?
>>
>>53850629
>>
>making a cpu

Ahmed, is that you?
>>
You're making a fucking CPU? Nah you ain't mate.
>>
>>53850647
It's just a clock I swear
>>
My bad jesus christ.
I'm going building a rig.
>>
>>53850629
>High-end
> $500 budget

Not happening. You need to double that budget to get anything worth while. If someone says they can get you high end for 500 it's a scam.

Shit tier starts at 400. Mid end is 800. Anything close to high end is 1000+
>>
>>53850629
>high end cpu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0DQ1Fv8Ej4
>>
>>53850629
you're going to have to buy used to get anything decent at $500. at $600-700 you could get something that would probably work just fine for you, but it won't be great for these triple A modern games.
>>
>>53850629
Do you have any components already?
>>
>>53850629
> 500$
I swear this ignorance will catch on, and soon, the consensus will be 'we've always put the currency sign after the number'. Infuriating stupidity.
>>
>>53850725
.but we have always put the currency sign after the numbeR
>>
Why the fuck would you do this when companies like intel and AMD already make high-end CPUs?

Also you won't get very far with $500. Maybe not even with 1 million dollars.

Not sure intel would even consider giving you a license to produce x86 processors.
>>
Op probs has a hard drive laying around, technically he doesn't need a case immediately (cringe tho), and if he's patient, could snag a used 970 for cheep when the next round of cards comes out. Technically it's doable, but probs not nearly what op is expecting.
>>
If you can reuse shit it's certainly possible. Otherwise no way in hell.

A10-7870k + motherboard + ram + ssd will cost about $300-400
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.