[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BRICK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160401_224546.jpg (100 KB, 780x1040) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160401_224546.jpg
100 KB, 780x1040
I f-fucked up
what do?
>>
>>53850614
Give it back Jamal, stop bricking other people's phone.
>>
>>53850614
again, this is not a help board
>>
Install Xiaomi Note Pro 3
>>
>>53850614
Not fully bricked. ROM is corrupted. Use Odin to flash stock ROM and fix your corrupt partitions. Also /g/ isn't your tech support go bother the people at xda.. Were too busy arguing over weather its chink shit or Chinese shit
>>
>>53850614
Yes, you did fuck up. Dis you make a Nandroid backup like you were supposed to? If so, restore that. If not, download and install a fresh ROM and enjoy your clean working device.
>>
>>53850694
He's still on stock recovery so I doubt he has a nandroid with all that shit failing to mount seems as if he fucked the partitions
>>
>>53850668
top kek right there, it is.
>>
>>53850614

buy an iPhone and stop using meme phones
>>
Time to buy an iPhone my friend ;^)
>>
>>53850614
Try to install Gentoo on it.
>>
The cracked screen is a problem, busted up ROM sure as hell ain't. Just flash a custom rom and be done with it. Go for Cyanogenmod if you have no other preferences, it's pretty solid.
>>
>>53850768
Swell idea. Then he can brick it by changing the date to Jan 1 1970, except he won't be able to unbrick it like he can his current one.

Bricked Android >> Boot into recovery, install some ROM
Bricked iPhone >> Take it to an Apple store and pray that your warranty or AppleCare is intact, and that they won't argue that it's your fault and therefore not covered
>>
>>53850765
Hey hipster cuck Starbucks is that way ------> /b/
>>
>>53850849
>Doing something normally and phone is kill
yis is gud
>Doing something really abnormal and only a few people would really try that in the world and phone is kill
no no is bad

I agree that Android has it's place and so does the iOS line of phones
But using that analogy is dumb
>>
>>53850765
>buy a meme phone and stop using meme phones
what
>>
>>53850910
What "normal" thing can one do to fuck their partitions like OP has? This sort of thing usually requires that you rooted the phone and then fucked with some files that you pretty clearly weren't supposed to -- about the Android equivalent of deleting system32.
>>
File: op is a phony.png (47 KB, 355x305) Image search: [Google]
op is a phony.png
47 KB, 355x305
>people getting lied this easy
>>
>>53850849
>responding seriously to a post with ";^)" in it
>>
>>53850962
Failed root probably another kingobotnet victim
>>
>>53850765
>implying the iPhone isn't even danker than this meme phone
To be honest, most of the phones on the market right now are memes.
>>
>>53850849
>Take it to an Apple store and pray that your warranty or AppleCare is intact
>forgetting that anything related to software is free at the Genius Bar
Try harder.
>>
>>53850991
That's prolly from the phone that took the pic
>>
>>53851177
Except when you've bricked it and they need to replace the device.
>>
>>53850614
Install U-boot.
>>
>>53850614
I tried rooting my samsung phone and I bricked it. I think it's just a common thing with those phones.
>>
File: 20150817_131725_HDR-01.jpg (2 MB, 2339x3673) Image search: [Google]
20150817_131725_HDR-01.jpg
2 MB, 2339x3673
>>53852054
I don't believe in bricking, just stupid ppl.

Pic related.

I literally did everything you should not do and still had it working perfectly in the end. I think I even unplugged it mid way through an ODIN flash at one point for Christ sake.
>>
>>53850614
>>53852054
it is VERY hard to "hard" brick a phone. the situation in the OP and here
>>53852561
are "soft" bricks, recoverable through ODIN and a stock image should all else fail.

OP can still access fastboot and recovery, he is far from being truly bricked.
>>
>>53850614
Screen's cracked to shit anyway. Throw it out, dumbass.
>>
>>53850614
flash a new rom with fastboot?
>>
>>53850668
This is the best advice. So long as the phone will turn on, you can probably Odin back to stock. Also, why the fuck don't you take care of your screen? that S4/S3/Note2(?) would last you another few years if you took care of it. Now when you fix the fucking rom issue, sit down and learn what the fuck you are doing because hacking your phone is not easy and you can fuck up. I fuck up all the time and figure out how to fix my shit because google.
>>
>>53850614
>failed to mount /system
>no such file or directory
keking

You 'could' reload stock unless you fucked up the bootloader, but since you can get to the stock recovery (which is the screen where you are sittting right now) it means that you should be able to do so and start over.
>>
>>53850614
stop throwing your shit around faggot
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.