[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So theoretically speaking. Should AMD just stop producing cpu's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: intel_vs_amd.png (18 KB, 650x295) Image search: [Google]
intel_vs_amd.png
18 KB, 650x295
So theoretically speaking. Should AMD just stop producing cpu's (or topple over or something). Wont Intel get in trouble? (As far as I know no-one is allowed a monopoly on critical goods?)
>>
>Wont Intel get in trouble? (As far as I know no-one is allowed a monopoly on critical goods?)

Intel already props up AMD because of this.
>>
>>53850130
Do you have anything to back that up?
>>
>>53850104
Intel is a Jewish owned Israeli company

No they won't get in trouble

There are no consequences for them
>>
>>53850104
if AMD dies intel and nvidia will go maximum overjew
>>
>>53850104
AMD produces both the CPU and GPU of all gaming consoles.

They're doing fine, they're not going anywhere. The market for desktop cpu's is so small its irrelevant.
>>
>>53850892
This.

Plus apu sales should be decent.
An 8 offering i3 4170 cpu performance and gt 740 gpu performance cheaper than the i3 on its own is amazing value.
>>
>>53850104
There are dozens of CPU manufacturers. Mainstream consumer desktop CPUs are just one market out of many. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>53851029
only 3(well, 4 if you count IBM I guess) who have rights for x86 and only 2 for x86_64
>>
>>53850892
>They're doing fine,
They are really not and if you would spend 5 minutes looking at their SEC filings you'd fucking see that.
>>
>>53851054
If that's your reasoning for how a monopoly works, then I guess Microsoft has a monopoly on Windows distributions.
>>
>>53851164
They don't have a desktop monopoly because of osx and Linux distros.
>>
>>53851054
VIA DOES X86_64 AS WELL YOU FUCK.
If you don't know what you're talking about just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>53851164
>Windows
>Critical good
>>
> overjew
> price vs consumer spending curve

these faggots never passed econ 101
>>
>nobody is allowed to have a monopoly
Jesus Christ please learn a book. It's not their fault if their only competition up and croaks. They would be in deep shit if they tried to buy them out or something.
>>
If Zen ends up being shit I wonder who will buy out AMD. I am guessing Samsung, since they are involved with AMD anyway. Imagine Koreans vs Jews.
>>
>>53851390
They almost did before. Shit was funny how they got in trouble and Bill just shake it off.
>>
intel will be in deep shit because they are only allowed to make x86_64 processors if AMD is allowed to male x86 processors (cross licensing agreement).

Intel isn't happy that if AMD dies they will become a monopoly, monopolies can be split into larger chunks and still pretty much operate the same (ie AT&T). Intel is worried that because they shit the money bed with itanium and now use x86_64 designs from AMD they won't be able to produce 64-bit x86 processors if something bad happens to AMD.
>>
>>53852104
>It's not their fault if their only competition up and croaks
>he wasnt around for intel's massive netburst damage control that ended up completely ruining amd forever
>>
>>53850892
KEB.

Enjoying your <1.50 market value?

Are you fucking retarded, kid?
>>
>>53850253
This is as ignorant as stupid.
They couldn't enter us and eu market, typical tripfag. (filtered)

Amd won't die yet, most cpu market is for mid and low range.

>would like to see VIA Try a comeback anyways.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.