[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo NX Processor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 6
File: nintendo-fusion-nx.jpg (244 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-fusion-nx.jpg
244 KB, 1191x670
Do you think the NX will be x86, PowerPC, or ARM?

Will the GPU be AMD? PowerVR?

20nm? 16/14nm? 10nm?

For my 2c, if it's going to unify the console/handheld platforms, it has to be ARM because handheld can't go any other way. Securing a partner who could manufacture at 10nm is also probably impossible for Nintendo.
>>
>>53848948
will these retards never learn
>>
>>53848948
>>>/v/
>>
>>53848948
Back to /v/
>>
>>53848948
The NX controller has already been leaked.

It looks like a fucking gimmick so most likely ARM with an Android based OS.
>>
It will be an AMD x86-64 APU just like the others.
>>
>>53848948
/v/ is an option
>>
it will be an Nintendo and Apple collaboration
>>
>>53848977
>>53848980
>>53848997

> /v/
> Talking about processor technology

Pick one
>>
>>53849025
Processor technology used to play children games ... unless there is at least a rumour that NX will be used for something useful.
>>
>>53849025
hypothesizing a gaming devices CPU architecture, basing info on LSD trips and rumors

pick /v/
>>
>>53848992
For easy ports halfway through the X1 / PS4's lifespan?

Granted, even Apple couldn't create an ARM SoC that could compete with the X1 and PS4 in terms of power. But you could probably push Wii U level graphics from inside the Wii U tablet.
>>
>>53848990
Proven to be a hoax.

I don't think you're wrong about using an ARM SOC though, but then my expectation is that NX will primarily be handheld with the ability to optionally broadcast an image to a TV. Sort of the WiiU in reverse.
>>
>>53849118
>even Apple couldn't create an ARM SoC that could compete with the X1 and PS4 in terms of power
Because their ARM SoCs are for mobile devices. If I recall it right, A9 is already pretty close to xbox 360 performance while using 2W or something.
>>
>>53849207
basing this on patents

it could be controller that plays games and works as you said, but then there's also a box with additional processing power, it can even daisy chain together with other boxes via the internet to create a ''local'' cloud computing platform
>>
>>53849238
a9x is close to the tegra X1 which beats xbox and PS3 so the a9x probably does too
>>
>>53849276
A9X is 4-6W or? Given how Apple almost doubles their performance every year and the current consoles are about 8-9times faster ... Xbone One graphics on iPhone 9s are so happening.
>>
>>53849251
Did you find the patents on your own? Some of the 'patent drawings' that have been circulating have been revealed as fakes just like the 'prototype' NX controller.

I really don't expect too much from the TV connected piece. Just taking the image from one device for full screen, or 4 devices for split screen. Basically imagine the 3DS if the top screen was 960x540 and it could broadcast the image from that screen to a TV.
>>
>>53849340
I'm too lazy to look anything up but the X1 GPU does 500gflops fp32 compared to the xbox ones 1200gflops fp32, memory bandwidth is shit though
>>
>>53849342
http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=20150343306.PGNR.
>>
>>53849409
Would increasing the memory bandwidth make a huge difference on the temps/power draw? All I know that it'd be more expensive.

CPU wise the consoles are pretty shit, so this should be easy.
>>
>>53848948
> Do you think the NX will be x86, PowerPC, or ARM?

It is definitely ARM. I don't know if the NX is literally a console and a portable in one or if it just connects the two on a software level, but either way it's ARM.

> Will the GPU be AMD? PowerVR?

Yes.

> 20nm? 16/14nm? 10nm?

16/14nm process is high yield and abundant and Nintendo would be stupid not to use it.

>>53849342

Would people be satisfied with this resolution on a TV?

720p seems achievable on a mobile device even with two screens. Maybe they have to release the XL first and wait on the smaller version but they should be able to do it.
>>
>>53848948
Its Nintendo we're talking about, so its probably going to be cheap hardware. Low power, 28nm planar bulk. Maybe, just maybe, they might opt for 22FDX if they're feeling fancy.
Could go either way for ARM vs X86, but if it is any sort of portable device it will very likely be ARM.

Nintendo is a shit company anyway.
>>
>>53849453
idk but I just looked it up and a9x has double the memory bandwidth of a PS3, pretty neat that it's already basically as powerful as an PS3, CPU probably considerably more
>>
>>53849535
I can see the shitstorm now

> 28nm overclocked Cortex a53
> "i-it's gonna be more powerful than the PS4!"
>>
I don't know if they plan to make it backwards compatible with previous home consoles, bit of they do, it is likely to be PowerPC. That is what they used for their last 3 consoles... Otherwise, ARM.
>>
>>53849535
>>53849588

get out of my nightmares
>>
>>53849543
Yeah, it's pretty crazy and A10 is bound to beat that, so the next iPhone SE will be more powerful than a fucking PS3 and be smaller than the gamepad.

Wonder if Apple will bother with a real push into gaming.
>>
>>53848948
who cares it will be a shitty outdated oveprices locked hardware like every console
>>
>>53849650
intel integrated graphics still beat SoC graphics though, beating the PS3 just starts being like beating a PS2 a few years ago, ancient tech
>>
>>53849650
Apple's processors are incredible but keep in mind they rely on powergating a lot, which is anathema to video game consoles trying to maintain a stable FPS at all costs. Not to mention that kind of power management just isn't something Nintendo can do. They probably have no choice but to use a chip with a lower power envelope.
>>
>>53848948
God I wish Nintendo would just stop with these gimmicks.

All I want is something with the same specs as the PS4 but with the Wii U Pro Controller and decent online for £40 a year or whatever.

They did it right with the GameCube. I just want a new GameCube desu. Would be amazing but no we will get some fucking weird ARM based thing like OPs pic that wont sell well because it is fucking weird.

The funny thing is with all the VR hype it is strange Nintendo haven't done anything here but Sony has. I mean VR is a gimmick Nintendo could have done great at! Yet we see this weird NX shit. Sigh.
>>
>>53849754
Well, seeing something like GTA V running on a phone would be still impressive as fuck. PS2 graphics almost got matched by PSP that came out 4 years later or so.

>>53849776
Well, they are used for different devices with different goals but the possibilities are still pretty amazing, specially if they would scale well with bigger power envelope.

Doubt Nintendo will do anything special spec-wise, these days are long gone.
>>
>>53849916
Can you believe it's been over a decade since Nintendo's released a normal console?
>>
>>53849776
so they'll release PS Vita/PS TV? top fucking kek
>>
>>53849916
If you want a normal console Nintendo is not for you, sadly. Also, the GC was the worst selling Nintendo home console.
>>
>>53849971
I know :(

The GC was powerful but they gimped it with the baby-discs for games. Made life harder for devs and more expensive to produce. stupid. Had the GC just used a normal DVD it would have been perfect for the time.
>>
>>53850018
nintendo was doing bad with n64 and GC because they were cunts to third parties. the wii did well from hype and price even tho it was fucking boring after a few weeks.

wii u shows that their gimmicks are not wanted anymore. people who want a gimmick can just get a Vive or Oculus or PSVR. even the 3DS which sold well isnt bought for the 3D stuff but just because the Vita was shit.
>>
>>53849916
Because VR is fucking expensive. Driving two 1080p screens at 90+ FPS is no cakewalk. After spending god knows how many millions developing Morpheus only to realize the PS4 isn't powerful enough to use it, Sony is in the awkward position of releasing a mid-generation 4.5 upgrade

>>53849937
I'm as disappointed as you are that Nintendo probably won't do anything awesome with their ARM SoC, but I'm optimistic they'll at least go for PowerVR and 14nm.

If the console actually looked like OP's pic, I think they could put Wii U level graphics in it easily. Whether or not Nintendo could do the same in the 3DS or even XL form factor is a bigger question mark.

>>53850014
It's possible, although the "Vita TV" part in that scenario would just be an HDMI dongle. In that case the power would be severely limited by the mobile units power envelope demands.

They could also do something that looks more like what PS4+Vita integration was supposed to be.
>>
>>53850074
>the Vita was shit
It blows the 3DS out of the water as a handheld, it just doesn't have as good of a library
>>
>>53849916
I don't think Nintendo sees the WiiU as being a gimmick centered system. It has relatively normal control schemes, and many games don't really use the gamepad's screen. If anything the combination of the WiiU and the Gamecube underperforming would be reason for them to avoid doing what you're asking for.

Personally I just want a better DS and for Nintendo to stop competing against themselves and dividing their fanbase. Just make one really good platform.
>>
>>53850077
yeah I thought the gimmick could be a Wii U on steroids

basically a separate handheld to purchase and a console, both work on their own but can then be combined to a really powerful Wii U type shit

or like remote play that does more, something like that
>>
>>53850105
That's exactly why it is shit.
>>
>>53850143
Its library is shit, there's a difference
>>
>>53850105
>>53850143
yup. i really liked the vita hardware. the screen being OLED was amazing. it is beautiful. but it has no fucking games. to me it is shit because it has zero use due to no games.
>>
>>53850074
PS Vita seemed to be the winner, as soon as Nintendo panicked and lowered their overpriced piece of shit, moms started getting the cheaper kid friendly option
>>
>>53850118
Most people in this thread and elsewhere are guessing it's going to be some amalgamation of the Wii U and 3DS. There's a good chance that for better or worse it doesn't resemble those systems at all.

If it is, I'm divided on whether or not I want to see the console and handheld sold separately.

If they come together, then developers have twice the reason to make games for it. But the console will probably be limited by its little brother.

If they come separately, its developer hell. But Nintendo can sell both ~$200 and still create reasonably powerful systems.
>>
>>53850205
yeah but it would be pretty fucking weird if they really based their gimmick on basically remote play streaming, it's like a minor feature on the PS4
>>
My ideal Nintendo console would be something that can do 1080p60 without problems. Digital only so no optical drive. Excellent online service similar to XBL. Wii U Pro controller with a couple of tweaks like analog triggers. User upgradable HDD and even a version with no HDD so I can put my own in from day one. Have support for "apps" so I can get Netflix, etc. on it.

Basically what i want is a PS4 without an optical drive that plays Nintendo IP lol
>>
>>53850249
Probably isn't remote play streaming in any case. If they're separate consoles I expect both to be cartridge based and for cartridges to work on both systems.

This will require some serious finesse on Nintendo's part and will infuriate developers no matter how well it is implemented.
>>
>>53848948
>Securing a partner who could manufacture at 10nm is also probably impossible for Nintendo

So what? Die shrinks have happened in previous consoles' lifetime.
>>
ARM seems an obvious choice for any handheld devices but if there's going to be a console with more power than the PS4, I can't see them not going with some sort of AMD/x86 platform. Also low-power x86 is entirely feasible. Atom + Tegra for instance.
>>
>>53850322
hmm

identical ARM CPUs in both (they can probably be about as powerful as the x86 on PS4/XBONE) and an identical GPU architecture, only the home console version has way more cores

I imagine it would make it way simpler for developers, maybe even allowing the scaling that's being theorized
>>
>>53850445
too expensive
>>
>>53850322
Is flash memory cheap enough for this to be a real possibility?

I mean it sounds like you are suggesting they compile 2 versions of each game and put them on the same cart.

Xenoblade Chronicles is like 23GB. Xenoblade N3DS is 4GB.

Assuming we are talking about systems that are more powerful than the previous generations, 32-64GB flash cartridges seem like they would be common.

>>53850445
Doubtful that any Cortex a72 design is competing with the PS4/X1.

But otherwise this is sound. Console version has more cores to help drive splitscreen, and more GDDR5 to help drive a higher resolution. Portable doesn't need these because it's 720p and each player has their own CPU.
>>
>>53850499
ARM SoCs are dirt cheap though. Two ARM SoCs probably cost less per unit than one of the AMD x86 parts in the PS4/X1.
>>
>>53850505
> Portable doesn't need these because it's 720p

Just spitballing here, but keep in mind the portable could have two screens. 720p and 480p, maybe.

Or two 720p screens creating a 3D display and 480p (god forbid).

That means the console controller would probably need a screen as well... at this point, the price demands they be sold separately.
>>
>>53849025
>>53848977
>>53848980
>>53849053
Fuck off back to your rice threads, this is more tech related than 90% of threads
>>
>>53850505
No way they will develop two versions of the same game for two different systems.
>>
>>53850525
there's even already two of those x86 CPUs in the Xbone/PS4 so basically the same thing but ARM

>>53850445
the CPUs in the Xbone/PS4 are very cheap mobile x86 processors, ARM is right around competing with that type of performance
>>
So what is the price of a 64gb flash vs a dual layer bluray?
>>
>>53850601
>>53850505
whoops fixed reply
>>
File: Super-Smash-Bros-Logo1.png (472 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Super-Smash-Bros-Logo1.png
472 KB, 1280x720
>>53850599
They will if you pay for it twice
>>
>>53850499
Not if the handheld and home console are sold seperately.
>>
>>53850591
fucking this
>>
>>53850505
Macronix confirmed they are working with Nintendo again. They made the 3DS / DS carts.

>>53850656
Good question. It's hard to estimate from a consumer level because blu-ray are sold in volume and flash is sold piecemeal.

For what it's worth a single blu-ray from verbatim is $13 vs a single 64GB UHS 1 SD card from transcend at $20.

I would imagine the cost is at least double.

But, with the rumored new account system, you could just buy the games from the eshop and then download them to whichever system you own, sort of like Apple does for some iPhone / iPad apps.
>>
>>53850445
>an identical GPU architecture

this kills the console
>>
>>53850957
My concern is if a cheap option would be too slow, the console itself could be cheaper though by not having onboard storage (or very little); saves would be stored on the cartridge, would also mean continuing your game where you left off when switching between portable
>>
>>53851031
What do you mean?

K1/X1 for example has kepler cores right?
>>
>>53851057
The power envelope for the mobile device won't allow anything better than PowerVR for graphics. AMD may have an ARM license (again) but they haven't done anything impressive with it; I seriously doubt they would be able to make a mobile GPU for Nintendo that wouldn't devour the battery if not burn off your hands entirely.
>>
>>53851097
Basically the X1 slowed down, uses almost no power (was way more efficient than a9 while delivering same performance)

So ~300gflops would be doable on mobile with kepler, maxwell/pascal would improve efficiency even more
>>
>>53851035
I hadn't thought about it, but you're right. Wii U shipped with 8GB of graphics.

Seriously, 8GB. 32GB (enough for literally Xenoblade) was like a $50 upgrade.

I think the biggest question on cost for me is whether or not the portable is a dual-screen device and whether or not the console controller has a screen on it. High res LCDs cost a lot of money. If the console is using an ARM SoC and has a normal controller, they can probably afford at least 64GB of memory in the console. And they could always put a spinning disk in there instead of flash.

But if Nintendo has to shell out for LCDs (or some bullshit like SHARPs freeform LCDs) and they want to undercut the PS4 or even the Wii U... we'll be lucky to get a USB 3 port to connect external storage to.
>>
>>53850336
Even INTEL isn't close to doing 10nm right now. NOBODY is remotely close to 10nm.
>>
>>53851187
So you're saying an under clocked AMD GPU on the mobile unit?

I guess I could see it, but doesn't this make developing a game for two different systems even more of a pain in the ass?

>>53851284
TSMC is supposedly manufacturing Apple's A10 chip at 10nm. Intel may be losing the manufacturing crown soon.
>>
>>53851302
Well Nvidia is the one making the most powerful SoCs at this moment so why not them, a custom Tegra X2 (hopefully pascal cores)
>>
>>53851333
btw I forgot that X1 was already maxwell
>>
>>53851302
They couldn't even make the A9 in 14nm like Samsung; and they lack the resources of Sammy and Intel. Would be a crazy jump.
>>
>>53851333
I don't think nVidia has ever worked with a console before. It would be a huge surprise.

nVidia does have more experience with ARM SoCs but Tegra hasn't really impressed in terms of power efficiency yet. Maybe Pascal could change that.
>>
>>53851364
are you fucking retarded or just underaged
nvidia's chips were in the original xbox, the ps3, and nintendo's cancelled handheld project between ds and 3ds
>>
>>53851364
PS3 has an Nvidia GPU, I have no idea about 360

But Tegra X1 is crazy efficient when not pushed, still allows high performance
>>
>>53851349
True. And even if they are somehow able to get decent yield on 10nm, Apple will have first dibs on all of it forever.

>>53850336
I mean, if we're talking about a prospective DS successor, this might make sense. Nintendo releases the XL and then the smaller unit two years later on 10nm. It's possible but I would say highly unlikely.
>>
Weren't people expecting this to be like a cross platform cloud based gaming service rather than a console?
>>
Handheld:

Tegra P1, 2GB RAM, 720p

Console:

Tegra P1+, 8GB RAM

Cost?
>>
>>53848948
Considering it's handheld, probably an arm processor.

>I miss mips ;_;
>>
>>53851468
>cloud based gaming

no.
>>
>>53848948
Literally Wii U 2
>>
>>53851586
More like Wew 2, amirite lad?
>>
Miitomo is really depressing if you have zero friends to connect with.

It's just your Mii pacing around an empty room forever.
>>
it's going to be irrelevant either way, same way as every nintendo system since the snes and gba

>>>/v/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>53851418
360 had an AMD GPU, if I recall correctly effectively a prototype of the R500.
>>
>>53851525
A lot more than an ARM SoC with Mali, which is why I imagine Nintendo won't go this route.

Also, prepare to be disappointed if they do. Nintendo won't wait for the Pascal part no matter how prudent it would be to do so.
>>
>>53854275
Correct. Dev kits are already out; there is no way Nintendo could be using Pascal.

Also, isn't the P1 water cooled? As in hooked-up-to-the-inside-of-a-motor-vehicle water cooled?
>>
>>53848948
i herd nintindo is make there own cpu arckertincture
>>
>>53854346
you cant cool electronics with a vehicles radiator system, the operating temperatures are around 190 degrees
>>
>>53851284
Samsung already has them and intel's are coming out next year...
>>
>>53854527
>>53854527
English mother fucker, do you speak it?
>>
File: 1286935043369.jpg (12 KB, 213x165) Image search: [Google]
1286935043369.jpg
12 KB, 213x165
>>53854527

>YFW it turns out to be true
>>
>>53851302
Intel's trying to get power consumption down enough to put their 10nm chips in phones and tablets, which is part of their operations have been stalling recently since they're essentially tackling two major design issues at once.
>>
All Nintendo needs is a software layer to unify console and portable would be a hypervisor environment. The underlying uarches don't matter too much.
>>
>>53850030
they made full dvd ones in japan
>>
>>53850077
>>53849916
dont forget, vr bit Nintendo fucking hard back in the day.
>>
I really hope this system will be decent, the Wii U in my living room constantly crashes when using lightweight applications and it's so strange. Using this as a youtube box instead of my television's built in media functionality is definitely better, but not at all good.
>>
It's RISC-V.

Google is subsidizing the whole thing for Nintendo, so they get a custom SoC that does everything they need and optimized compilers for basically free from Google.
>>
Most of the handheld consoles have been arm processors in the past. Nintendo is a Vulkan partner, so chances are it will use arm cpu with vulkan support.
>>
>>53850030
>The GC was powerful
Fun fact: The GameCube was able to output 3D (to 3D TVs), but the only game that ever supported it was Luigi's Mansion.
>>
>>53851525
>any console maker working with nvidia ever again
Lol, just go buy a shield
>>
>>53856563
Shield has android games, disgusting
>>
File: 1453329461657.jpg (78 KB, 583x583) Image search: [Google]
1453329461657.jpg
78 KB, 583x583
>nintendo will never make a console as the GC ever again
All i feel is pain
>>
It can be whatever, if it doesn't move with third parties it's going to die in a fucking ditch. It was proven time and time again. The thing Wii did was temporal because it took advantage of the fact people back then just wanted another console with more graphics and online multiplayer.

Right now they can add whatever gimmick, it ain't gonna work. They have to compete against Sony and MS or else they may as well go third party themselves. Shit, I'd call the Wii U the "saturn" of Nintendo, I don't care much if the NX is the last console they ever produce but they could really fucking learn.
>>
>>53850107
>It has relatively normal control schemes, and many games don't really use the gamepad's screen
The original wii basically ended up the same for cross platform games, just with a split controller.
>>
>>53848948
Some underpowered and cheap ARM-PowerVR combo, its Nintendo. And it wouldnt hurt to get their feet wet on an arm platform to later make the inevitable android move.
>>
I feel like they just need to suck it up and go Sega. It sucks but they are just bleeding money.
>>
>>53848948
It will probably be ARM 14nm so Nintendo can do their Portable/Home Console unification gimmick.

Only way I could see it work is that the games run like PC games, settings are turned down for when the console is portable, then turned up when it's plugged into the home station, even then though, ARM is still no where near close to the power of x86 for anything beyond 1080p. It's x86 or bust
>>
>16 core Zen CPU
>16GB unified HBM2
>Vega/Pascal GPU
>Best selling game will be a 2D Mario sidescrolling platformer
>>
>>53858860
I would laugh so hard if this happens, but I'd guess it will be a Polaris GPU not a Pascal
>>
>>53858860
>>53858887
lets be 100% honest here, graphics don't mean shit to a good game, they can make it look better but game play is fucking king, and i dont think nintendo has made a dud in decades.
>>
>>53858906
Yet here they are bleeding themselves dry
>>
>>53858906
I agree with you there anon, but I would like to interject on the whole Nintendo not making a dud point.

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival
>>
>>53858906
Whatever do you mean? They have made many failures. Other M almost killed the Metroid series (only to get a shitty spinoff more than half a decade later)

They keep shitting all this amiibo crap. They had to put a stop on new super mario bros because it was getting too fucking predictable and repetitive.
>>
>>53858906
Sticker Star was a flop and everyone agrees that Smash 4 is worse than Melee.
>>
>>53858991
Yeah DLC Bayonetta

I still remember people years ago going "oh c'mon Nintendo doesn't do any of that DLC/DRM crap, it respects its customers too much for that shit" and they do essentially the same fucking thing.
>>
>>53858933
I watched a game of that played, to be honest, it looks like mario party with less random bullshit, at least unless there is something more insidious about it than I realize...

>>53858948
Other M is not made by nintendo, its their property but they didn't make it.

amiibo is wildly successful... shitty for people who just want the content, but successful none the less.

with new super mario brothers, its the difference between what guitar hero and rock band did, over saturate the fuck out of the market, it seems like there is a new one every 4~ years, on that note, the 2d mario games outsell the 3d ones by a significant margin... when i say 2d, i mean 2d plane.

>>53858991
sticker star sold around 2 million, less then i believe 200k less then the prior in that series,

as for smash... i think the entirety of that series is shit, but it sells mass amounts and the only people who bitch are the ones who take the game for anything but a party fighting game.

>>53859003
its sad, but i cant even fault Nintendo for the dlc crap. drm i have no idea about, but damn near everyone does dlc to the point its fucking shocking when a game does not have dlc.
>>
>>53859023
It's not about the sales, it's about the quality of gameplay and that's been obviously declining for Nintendo for years now. Have you seen the shovelware tier 3DS games they have been releasing now? Even Wii U software is starting to look like mobile garbage with that new Starfox Zero game and Hyrule Warriors.
>>
>>53858929
also, Nintendo isn't even close to bleeding themselves dry, as much as many people wish they would so they become the next sega.

>>53859048
i see nothing wrong with starfox zero (outside of the retard mode) and just because you don't like dynasty warriors style games doesn't mean its bad.

i should mention i don't have a 3ds or wiiu, so its not like im defending them because i have the stuff...

also, it looks like starfox zero is another platinum games game, and same with hyrule warriors, not developed by nintendo, just published.

on the dynasty warriors note though, those games arent bad if you only play the main series ones and dont play every variation of the same game.
>>
If it's ARM let's just hope it's not a locked down obscure piece of shit. Who am I kidding that's exactly what it will be.
>>
>>53859023
Just because the competition sells a incomplete product doesn't mean it's okay for Nintendo to do it. DLC for smash, season passes for Mario Kart, Mario Golf, and Fire Emblem, and Amiibo exclusive content is just Nintendo's way of squeezing money from their die hard fans.
>>
>>53859023
Other M was still directed by Sakamoto mostly. He was responsible for shitting on character development. Gameplay on that was mediocre but they really fucking dropped the ball with a story that didn't even need to be there.

Hell nothing wrong with the controls or core gameplay for instance. Its flaws could be taken out.
>>
>>53859089
Starfox Zero is being co-developed by Nintendo and Miyamoto is on board. From early copies leaked so far, the game is already confirmed to be short as hell like every other Starfox game (you can 100% it in 12 hours) and it rehashes heavily from Starfox 64 and also has content locked behind amiibos but Nintendo is happy to charge you guys $60 for the base game and more for NFC Amiibo chips.
>>
>>53849053
Are you by any chance the retard who was spamming >>>/v/ in a fucking mice thread?
>>
>>53859099
and... literally everyone else does it, so its very hard to fault them.

now, mario season pass, this sounds like a ligit expansion pack worth of content... the fuck are you bitching for? they called it something other them an expansion pack?

same with mario gulf, its a ligit 40$ expansion at a 15$ price point.

the fire emblem... that whole game is kind of a cluster fuck and i have no idea how much content the pass adds, but its i believe 13$

amiibos while i find them shitty, are buy one thing get dlc for them all deals... how many of the amiibos offer content beyond the cosmetic? i think the splatoon ones offer more then cosmedic... but beyond that im at a loss.

>>53859162
12 hours of content... that was more then i got out of starfox 64 and i love that game, id wait till launch to fully judge it.
>>
File: kek.png (38 KB, 200x176) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
38 KB, 200x176
>>53859166
mice autists btfo
>>
>>53859200
>and... literally everyone else does it, so its very hard to fault them.

You would fault them when everyone keeps claiming they wouldn't betray their customers like that. Until they do. But instead of "it's acceptable because it's nintendo" it's more like "it's acceptable because everyone else does it". Yeah, no. You add yourself to the trash, you're still trash.

Another aspect with the amiibos is that they're more expensive DLC. You don't want the figurine, but you want the fucking DLC it includes for cheaper? You're fucked then.

Also grammar.
>>
>>53859200
are you even 18 years old
either you're a jit or you're one autistic adult who thinks a kids meal toy with dlc attached is a good deal.
>>
>>53859306
did i say it was a good deal?
i find them over priced for what they are.

they are mass produced plastic that while it could look cool if you like collecting figures, but are so un detailed to make it worth while for anyone besides die hard fans of the character.

thankfully their use is limited to almost exclusively comedic bullshit.

>>53859287
yea iv been awake for going on 28 hours now, if i cant correct the grammar with spellcheck then its not getting fixed.

the amiibos would bother me a hell of a lot more if it wasn't for them being almost exclusively comedic or if the games nintendo made didn't already have a plethora of content in them.

but lets go this way... with dlc, its gotten to the point i just cant be asked to care anymore, i just don't. either make the dlc a good value or i don't buy it, and if the game wasn't a good value i wouldn't even be looking at the dlc.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.