[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>having a dumbphone is socially unacceptable now Why? I mean,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: nokia_130.jpg (49 KB, 648x348) Image search: [Google]
nokia_130.jpg
49 KB, 648x348
>having a dumbphone is socially unacceptable now

Why? I mean, I guess I'm pretty normie anyways. But all my co-workers roast me over my phone.

I already have an Android tablet running Marshmallow. Getting a smartphone would be incredibly redundant.
>>
who cares. You probably have a shitty McJob if your co-workers are like that
>>
>>53848811
Tablet bro here. Why would I want all the stuff I already have on a smaller screen?

>Spotify
The only time I use "on the go" is when I'm hiking. I have Bluetooth earbuds and keep my tablet well protected in my pack.

>social media
I'm not addicted to social media like everyone seems to think you're supposed to be. If I'm going to shitpost ebin maymays on Twitter or chat on Normiebook, I'll wait until I sit down and have time.

>Send/receive photos
And I have Normiechat for that. Which my female friends use more than text anyways.
>>
Having a phone then getting a tablet is redundant, especially if you have a laptop. Most people acquire a phone before a tablet, so why would they need basically the same device except larger?
>>
>>53848811
>>53848900
Honestly, unless you have normie friends, and I'm not trying to show my autism, just making an observation, Android and iOS devices are completely useless.
>>
>>53848811
I only use my phone to browse 4chan on the go.
>>
>>53848811
>being this hypersensitive
Normalfags literally could give a fuck. Get over yourself and handle the banter.
>>
>>53848930
I'd much prefer getting a tablet over a phone.

Phones are for calls, not generic friend socializing. I use my tablet for normie media and reading my manchild cartoon papers.

Tablets are also much more future-proof.
>>
>>53848975
Nah, m8, not being sensitive. We all like to bant at works. Keeps us from realizing how dull our wageslave lives are.

But that is something I have noticed. It's considered weird to not have a smartphone.
>>
>>53848811
I think it is because smartphones can do most computing needs. So what they are asking you is why deny yourself the ability to have a pocket sized computer just because you don't use certain things that most people use them for.
>>
Its just the way things are these days.
You need to be in the 'now' for technology or you're just not up to date. Same shit with music and clothes in any other decade.
If you want to be an outdated dumbphone person, be that person. Who gives a shit.
>>
My smartphone pretty much replaced my PC as a daily driver. Now I can shitpost while being outside to boot.
>>
>sell smartphones at work
>don't actually own a smartphone

I still know what I'm talking about with regards to Android, cause I use my employee discount on tablets. I just don't have a need for one.
>>
Most of the world uses apps like whatsapp to talk to each other so yes, its impossible to be a normal person without a smartphone. Only retarded americlaps are still using shit like SMS to communicate. They cant even do groupchats or send files lmao.
>>
>>53850522
you're missing out

just bought an s7edge and I'm blown away with all it offers
>>
>>53849996
oy vey
>>
I text often and use 4chan on my mobile very, very often. If there were a suitable way to have a basic phone with both of these features ID five up my Android right now.

>Blackberry
I love blackberry and want one p bad. But there is no easy way to view 4chins on blackberry. The website is HORSESHIT. I go on 4chan so much because closer helps me watch all of my posts and gives me notifications for replies.
>>
How do you go on reddit/4chan/snapchat/everything else with a dumb phone?

How do you look things up? How do you run apps?

You "hurrr I can't afford something that even people in third world countires ahve and I'm proud of it because it makes me YOUNEEK" kids need to die already.
>>
>>53850747
>touchwizz
>>
File: 1449861018641.gif (971 KB, 460x275) Image search: [Google]
1449861018641.gif
971 KB, 460x275
>>53848811
Because you're a fucking nerd if you don't use one. I have all I need on my phone,I boot linux or Windows from my phone on any computer and it has everything.
I can shitpost on 4chin like right now
I can get with friends on whatever is the latest trendy BS social app (amiibo is out)
I do my homework on it
I read a book on it
I look up videos on how to do something whenever I need it
I track my fitness stuff on it
I listen to my music on it
and that's just off the top of my head.

I don't even have a computer anymore. It works well for everything, computers are only going to be used for high-end stuff but for everything else. Your phone can do it.
>>
>>53850791
>The website is HORSESHIT.
what's wrong with it? (other than image captcha not working on BB so you have to use legacy captcha or buy a pass, of course)
>>
>>53852684
4chan's website is Garbo to the Maximo. I don't want to have 20 tabs open waiting for some unlikely plugin on a blackberry Firefox port if that's even a thing to tell me when new posts are made or when somebody replies to me. I might as well not use 4chan at that point. Clover is just comfy as fuu bruu.
>>
I commute 4 hours a day to class. being able to read 4chins on the train is basically an easy way to pass time without the added weight of a book/tablet/portable gaymen console. Plus music blocks out the chatting going on around me.
>>
>>53851262
>Install nova launcher
>it literally feels like stock

but muh touchwizz
>>
File: 1457674736745.jpg (659 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1457674736745.jpg
659 KB, 2560x1920
For me, a happy medium would be a Passport or something with a keyboard running Android, and a tablet. I don't need anything high end or with great specs, that's what my tablet is for, however I do need something running Android because I'm a heavy Play Music and Hangouts user. Either way, it has to be something with either a touchscreen or a keyboard, dial pads are fucking garbage for communication.
>>
>>53848811
Personally, having a full fledged browser and Google Maps is pretty important to me.

Being able to google a store or a place and get a phone number immediately, or to just find a place immediately with turn by turn directions is amazing.

I dont use social media either, but its nice to sometimes have a device to waste time with when you are waiting for someone or something and not at home.
I dont carry around a manpurse to hold a tablet.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.