[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Extracting from FlashPlayer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: flash.png (169 KB, 897x709) Image search: [Google]
flash.png
169 KB, 897x709
I worked on some personal projects where I scraped websites using R/Python but now I would like to scrape a flash-based web application like a lot of banks/brokers offer. Is this possible? I can't really select any text on it and right-lick just gives an info menu for FlashPlayer (see pic, sort of like when right-clicking on flash-videos). Is there a way to extract the numbers from that plattform? Any help would be appreciated. I asked /biz/ a while ago but nobody knew.
>>
File: iMacros.png (300 KB, 1091x1005) Image search: [Google]
iMacros.png
300 KB, 1091x1005
iMacros text extraction (unsurprisingly) doesn't work either, i.e. it can't scrape or get a hold of anything on those type of web plattforms.
>>
>>53848588
I stumbled across something called Optical Character Recognition (OCR), which lets you transform text / numbers in image-files into plain text. So I could imagine running something like that in Python or C++ (if available) and then extracting the outcome into a .txt or .csv-file for example. This shall be my starting point: https://code.google.com/archive/p/pytesser/

but I am still looking for alternatives and would be thankful for any suggestions
>>
>>53848588
Dump the flash, decompile it, or just listen on network requests with HTTPDebugger/Fiddler and write ur own tool.

>Why are you so retarded nigger?
>>
File: 1434811358714.gif (2 MB, 280x296) Image search: [Google]
1434811358714.gif
2 MB, 280x296
>>53848588
>using ABP and UBlock at same time
>fucking kill urself
>>
>>53848588
>Adblock Plus
>Disconnect
>Ghostery
Nigger, you don't need either of those when you use uBlock Origin, you fucking retard.
>>
>>53848882
thank you, will look into that.

>>53848913
>>53848952
thank you, I wasn't sure really since I had problems running only UB and not together with ABP (some stuff was not blocked anymore once I uninstalled ABP, despite to /g/'s claims that it would be perfectly fine to just run UB alone). But I will give it a second try if you so insist.
>>
File: Capture.png (316 KB, 1679x1004) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
316 KB, 1679x1004
>>53848882
I installed HTTP Debugger but don't really know where to go from here. It sure gives more than Chrome DevTools but it still just seems that the page runs in the mycmc.de/Main.swf flash-application and I don't really know what to do with it. Sorry, I am not a CS-major but willing to google and self-study if you through me a few key words here on how to proceed. Thank you anon.
>>
>>53848588
>disconnect
>adblock
>ublock
>ghostery
>HTTPS everywhere
anon must care a lot about privacy and security
>flash player
nevermimd
>>
>>53849441
>trial version
use fiddler instead
the application probably uses websockets
fiddler can handle websockets but you might be better off decompiling the swf
>>
>>53849518
okay thank you, will have to look into that once the markets open again, currently there is no streaming of new information into the platform since markets are closed over the weekend.
>>
File: 1423463792208.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1423463792208.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>53849912
How can someone dumb like you have 10k euros ?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.