[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: stupid_goym.jpg (267 KB, 2048x1364) Image search: [Google]
stupid_goym.jpg
267 KB, 2048x1364
the Zuckerjew own you!

http://gizmodo.com/there-are-some-super-shady-things-in-oculus-rifts-terms-1768678169

> If you create something with the Rift, the Terms of Service say that you surrender all rights to that work and that Oculus can use it whenever it wants, for whatever purposes:

> Oculus can collect data from you while you’re using the device

welcome to the Facebook botnet Oculus bitches ;)
>>
>>53848256
blind oculus bitches in a bot net. game over.
>>
File: occulus.png (614 KB, 808x3414) Image search: [Google]
occulus.png
614 KB, 808x3414
>>
Would this video work well with vr?
>>
>>53850566
xhamster.com/movies/3654588/google_glass_morning_female_pov.html
>>
>>53848256
I am shocked! ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED!

Occulus was dead as soon as Facebook bought it.
>>
>>53848256
>those rock-hard nipples

Fuckerburger is actually turned on by seeing all those people wearing his product
>>
>>53849301
>overpriced garbage
>still steal your data and use it for advertising
Is there any excuse?
>>
>>53849301
thanks fampai
>>
>>53849301
how do they expect to get ANY content creators with a TOS like that? No company is going to invest in something that can steal all their shit at the drop of a hat
>>
Doesn't this only apply to stuff uploaded to their online services? Which seems pretty standard for most content sharing networks these days.
>>
>>53854795
Not even Steam's Terms of Service is that overreaching. >>53849301
>>
i hope the Vive will be a better alternative - without the facebook dick up our asses

is Valve independent, or is it owned by some mega-corp?
>>
File: glitch3a.png (4 MB, 1229x1229) Image search: [Google]
glitch3a.png
4 MB, 1229x1229
>>53856475
>i hope the Vive will be a better alternative
As of tomorrow when it officially launches, the Vive is the only headset that comes with everything you need to do sitting, standing and room-scale experiences in virtual reality. The Rift is months away from being capable of room-scale and Sony is holding off on announcing anything until the end of the year.
>is Valve independent, or is it owned by some mega-corp?
The Vive is being made by HTC in collaboration with Valve; SteamVR will be its platform with OpenVR serving as a wrapper for anything else not on Steam like Oculus exclusives.

OpenVR is just SteamVR without Steam; it's probably the most popular open source initiative for virtual reality software next to Razer's OSVR.

So, yes and no; the Vive is all HTC, but the software it's using isn't limited to just their headset (unlike Oculus).
>>
>>53856624
Openvr is not open source
>>
>>53856641
doh I'm an idiot

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/openvr/issues/8

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/19/valves-openvr-signs-up-to-razers-virtual-reality-standard
>>
>>53848256
>people are unironically surprised Facebook is collecting data
hilarious
>>
That pic creeps me out.

Also can someone tl;dr the point of VR? Why glue a monitor to your screen instead of carrying a phone?
>>
>>53856624

> the Vive is all HTC

HTC does the manufacturing, like TSMC manufacturing the chips for Nvidia
>>
>>53856475
>is Valve independent, or is it owned by some mega-corp?

Valve is a privately held corporation.
Gaben and Marc Laidlaw are presumably the largest shareholders.
>>
>53856752

it's all about "presense"

google for videos of talks by Michael Abrash and you'll understand
>>
File: 1346549027404.jpg (62 KB, 373x359) Image search: [Google]
1346549027404.jpg
62 KB, 373x359
>year of the lord 2016
>considering buying an oculus

Literally the shittiest option for every reason.
>>
>>53848256
Only normies buy Oculus shit
>>
File: 1408116983263.jpg (72 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
1408116983263.jpg
72 KB, 500x738
>>53849301
When will we finally be rid of these companies scooping up data uninformed and unethically and selling their user's out for profit?
Fuck this windows botnet shit, these scummy TOS datamining, and 24/7 spew of trivial clickbait bullshit
>>
>>53856938

don't use their products/services. if enough people do that, those scumbags will go out of business. and support non-scumbag alternatives.
>>
File: 1362259909286.png (19 KB, 723x645) Image search: [Google]
1362259909286.png
19 KB, 723x645
>>53856954
Too many normies out there, it will never work.
>>
File: 1423782909226.png (531 KB, 1276x585) Image search: [Google]
1423782909226.png
531 KB, 1276x585
>>53856954
Boycotts don't work.
Might as well just do nothing.

When you throw a fit everyone hears it and may join in.

Tell those cretins to fuck right off.
>>
>>53857067
it depends I guess. I use almost every google service because of the insanely good integration from browser to android etc. It reads my emails, and tells me on google maps and in the calendar where and when my flight is leaving, where I'm staying etc. Or I just google "my flights" and it gives me an overview. Yeah google knows a lot about you, and they sell it but they also use it to provide good service.

Facebook on the other hand just wants to milk you dry, without providing any real service except for what MSN did 15 years ago. The timeline is a mess of ads and bullshit people like, meanwhile my best friend from HS has a kid but I didn't see that. My FB profile is just static, one profile pic and a couple of travel pics but I never post.

other than that you can get away with not using "big company" services, I can't think of any I'm using.
>>
>>53857127
>Yeah google knows a lot about you, and they sell it but they also use it to provide good service.

that's a trade-off you decided to make, your privacy for convenience.
>>
>>53857325
yeah exactly. But do you really have more privacy if you use different services? MS, google, apple, yahoo are all confirmed to share data with intelligence agencies. But if you use some open source alternatives, you still have the backdoored hardware. Any intel chipset, any camera, any microphone, any gps system will all have backdoors anyways. If somebody needs to know what you do, they will find out. It's sad that nowadays privacy is a pipe dream.

Even if you don't use any electronics, there is cameras in the street with facial reckognition, auto licence-plate reading etc. No way to get around it unless you go live in the boonies
>>
>buying an overpriced Gear VR
>not giving gaben your sheckls and getting roomscale
>>
>>53848256
The only goal I have in life is to live long enough to see Zuckerberg die
>>
>>53856624
>That choker
Hot.
>>
>>53848256
Am I the only one who finds it strangely unsettling to see all of those people wearing VR devices at once? It's like we're looking right at the origins of The Matrix or something.
>>
As a non-vr shit hmz owner. How true is this statement?
>PSVR only supports SBS 3D so you won't be able to watch 3D blurays with it
>>
>>53859440
Aren't 3D blurays 3D SBS?
I thought they where.
I see no reason why sony, glorious masters of bluray, 3d bluray and all that shit would ship a fucking vr headset and not have it compatible with VR.
It's not hard coded like the red and blue glasses, 3d tv's worked by showing one image to one eye, then blocking out that eye and showing another image to the other. Without glasses the video looked blurry, but that's not how the frames where hardcoded.

Also BRB, buying spy kids 3d on bluray.
One fucking version had actuall 3d SBS, the dvd's where all anaglyph 3D, they released one 3d blueray in a bundle then said "Fuck it, get rid of 3d all together" and just made it spy kids 3.
>>
>>53859440
>>53859493
Anyway, it's hard to say, I don't know much about PSVR, check for yourself.
>>
>>53859135
Yes. Everybody who finds this worrysome is an idiot.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.