[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
worth waiting for zen or should i just get the 6700k? pic related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
worth waiting for zen or should i just get the 6700k?

pic related.
>>
>>53847111
>>
>>53847117
>>
I predict Zen will give you about the same performance of a high-end i7 for half the price, plus AMD4 will last unlike Intel's jewish sockets.

I'd say you should wait, you will benefit either way (today's Intel CPUs will decrease in price).
>>
>>53847569
>AMD4
AM4*
>>
I prefer toast
>>
>>53847111
>>53847117
>>53847134
Those images are April Fools faggot.
http://www.bitsandchips.it/52-english-news/6815-speculations-about-zen-after-our-april-s-fool
>>
>>53847705
>10 core Broadwell-E
And people still post "make more cores" image.
>>
>>53847569
>I truly believe AMD will offer twice the performance of a high end Intel i7 chipset for half of the price.

Not only are you suggested that AMD can achieve this but you're also suggesting AMD is releasing a ~500$ processor. Because a quad core Intel i7 is low tier.
>>
>>53848592
Zen will have very similar IPC with Haswell-E, with 8 cores and 16 threads. They won't be cheap on that
>>
>>53847817
Expect it's 10 actual fast cores instead of AMD's """""cores"""""
>>
>>53848729
Zen is SMT, no more "le fake cores XDXDXD" meme.
>>
>>53848688
Similar to their 500+$ graphics they're going to make the jump into more expensive CPU's. I expect them to price it anywhere between 500-800$. Enough for people to think "that's expensive I should buy it" and also think "it's cheaper than Intel but still competitively priced".

Hopefully they're more honest in their advertising. Because the whole " 8 core" thing didn't work the best after people found out it's 4 core/8 logical cores. If they advertise an 800$ 16 core CPU nobody is going to buy it, just like they do now.
>>
>>53847111
It's gonna be equal to Haswell, it's gonna have actual 8 cores this time, there is no information on pricing policy for them yet. In addition, if AMD is pushing high performance consumer grade 8c/16t processor, Intel may change their i3/i5/i7 cores/threads amount and double existing amounts to match the AMD processors. So I'd suggest to wait and see what's gonna happen to CPU market, maybe at Q4 2016 or Q1 2017 you will be able to purchase 8 core i5 or i7 at reasonable price.
>>
>>53847569 (YOU)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.