[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Fractal Design cases even that good anymore? I know they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 51fbzFzFxNL._SL1024_.jpg (59 KB, 698x1024) Image search: [Google]
51fbzFzFxNL._SL1024_.jpg
59 KB, 698x1024
Are Fractal Design cases even that good anymore? I know they used to be the pinnacle of silent, not autistic MUH LED'S pc cases but there seems to be a lot of competition out there with great aesthetic too. Phanteks for example seems to surpass Fractal in every way. Opinions?
>>
>>53844435
my 2 cents is that theyre all glorified boxes, any cheap piece of shit with 2-3 fans is good enough as long as theres no short and everything fits

aesthetics are up to you but a $250 case like your pic is a fucking hilarious waste of money to me
>>
It doesn't matter. Buy the case that you like the look of in the form factor you want that you can fit your hardware in.
>>
>>53844435
I will never ever buy a case more than 50 dollars
>>
>>53844435
As someone who owns a define r4 fractal makes some pretty good cases. Just get a define r4, a decent one can be had for under 100 dollars.
>>
>>53844435
Yes Fractal Design is still a top tier case maker.

Phanteks is good too, choosing between them is mostly personal preference.

Fractal Design though is one of the only case makers still making good cases without windows, if you want that kind of aesthetic.
>>
>>53845917
I own a define R4. I really wish they would have given me three 5.25 bays instead of two, so I could stuff more drives in it.
>>
I own an Enthoo Primo (OP picture) and it is fuckin' awesome. Looks good, quiet, easy to work in, cable management is bliss, awesome watercooling support. IMO it's the best tower case ever made. Worth every penny to me, don't care what anyone says. Phanteks really is killing it in the case department.

Regarding Fractal, I have a Node 304 and I really like the design. The Define series is probably a bit lacking in the value department compared to the Pro/Luxe, but they're still excellent cases nonetheless. They're definitely up against stiffer competition but they haven't fallen behind.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.