[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW Slaptop time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: OP.jpg (211 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
211 KB, 1191x670
Alright /g/, it's time I abolish myself from further use of this laptop nearing a decade of use, and move up the scale for a better one. Currently, I have glanced upon these 3 baby Newegg warlocks. Not too settled just yet, since there are possibilities of better deals elsewhere.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834890015
>ASUS isn't entirely as good as it used to be, I got that already
>but just look at this mofo with a mobo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834233134
>GIG has their shit straight with computers, however a majority below the $1000 price range may suffer in certain performances or functions

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154112
>MSI has a very reasonable laptop right here, the only issue is that it does not have a coupled SSD right here, so I would be voiding the warranty with an upgrade, given I take out some shit and install an M(dot)2 SATA III SSD in there
>2016
>not having SSD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834264642&ignorebbr=1
>I lied, here's another one just for shits and giggles
>Aesthetics
>But still bloatware as fuck being HP

These first three are my strong considerations, albeit an SSD accompanied with a laptop will be the deal-sinker I am looking for. The ASUS already has the OS on its SSD, however some in Reviews and Q&A mention its screen isn't up to boot with the marketing.

I've already checked Tigermarket and Amazon for their sales, these laptops that are chosen are to suite the ~1000 price range that I have to work with. Given that, the possibility still exists whereas I could install a drive in the MSI and make for its capability there.
>>
File: Linux without legs.jpg (128 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Linux without legs.jpg
128 KB, 500x375
OP here, I have no favoritism with the graphics cards, however I do lean towards NVIDIA for their dominance level right now. Polaris is soon coming and that will re-level their cards from all the failure shit that has been occurring in the past few years with 1 to 2 cards each year. Apparently, there is already one fucking up due to the GeFORCE Experience insanity in its first quarter alone, so perhaps I will just remove that shit and not worry about it until the release.
>>
I know this isn't a shill thread, but throw me a fucking bone here. If I'm about to settle for something, it better be able to handle heavy processes outside of just "gaymeeng", such as running two os's and overclocking certain applications for compiling and design. Will it be able to run a VM along with live coding OpenGL?
>>
Why not build your own laptop?
>>
>>53844966
Honestly, I have thought about this. Currently on a time crunch, and having only built PC's right now, I'm just window shopping for something decent for the price and already put together with good enough assembly. Given this semester is over, I'll have more time to build a quality one, as well as a new PC.

Have put some research into building one prior to this, and had a list of parts put in a checklist, including a gigabyte mobo, a [decent] graphics card, and a nice frame built for SSD+HDD combo.

What would you recommend?
>>
Reason I ask for recommendation is this being my first laptop I would build, and would rather go with a build that's verified by another to be one that performs well, not just benchmarking or some tantamount stress test.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.