[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
torrents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: why.png (13 KB, 1762x184) Image search: [Google]
why.png
13 KB, 1762x184
Why does this fucking happen? I feel like I've put a lot of effort into my settings but, still, this
>>
It's your isp bad routing implementation.
And because you're a faggot
>>
>>53843986
>upload rate limit
>0

>BitTorrent uses a choking algorithm to handle congestion and prevent this kind of thing. I don't know exactly how it works, but it ensures that connections to users who upload more are prioritized. If your client does not receive any piece of the file from a particular peer, the peer may be snubbed.

Stop being a fucking faggot and it will stop dropping.

https://superuser.com/questions/630802/does-a-low-user-set-maximum-upload-speed-translate-to-slower-download-speeds-in
>>
>>53844044
pretty much this

it's how the fucking protocol behaves, you get more by giving more.
FUCKING SEED YOU CUNT
>>
>>53844044
>>53844064
Info on the spec (namely, the choking algorithm) can be found here http://www.bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0003.html and here http://conferences.sigcomm.org/imc/2006/papers/p20-legout.pdf
>>
>>53844044
>to handle congestion and prevent this kind of thing. I don't know exactly how it works, but it ensures that connections to users who upload more are prioritized. If your client does not receive any piece of the file from a particular peer, the peer may be snubbed.

Ok, true, sometimes I limit my uploads from public trackers but this 1 torrent was not limited in any way. I removed the torrents that were stagnant/public/limited.

I mostly use a private tracker and my provider is comcast business 80mb service

What the hell can I change to fix something like this??
>>
>>53844110
>but this 1 torrent was not limited in any way
I'm looking at the graph you posted and it IS limited to 0kb/s.
>>
File: Capture.png (1 KB, 195x25) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1 KB, 195x25
>>53844044
>>53844064

I do seed on my private tracker.. not with publics because I get stop letters in the mail

(image shows 19.95 tb uploaded , 32.29 tb downloaded)
>>
>>53844171
Seeding AFTER the fact won't fix the problem you're having. I don't seed, but I don't limit by upload rate WHILE downloading and experience constant (maxed out) speeds on well seeded torrents.
>>
File: why3.png (21 KB, 1766x202) Image search: [Google]
why3.png
21 KB, 1766x202
>>53844126

Huh.. I see what you mean. Upload line is flat

Will post pic of settings next
>>
Torrents are inconsistent shit that have no reason to still exist.

If you're downloading something legal, a direct download off of whoever's site is providing it is pretty much ALWAYS faster.

If you're downloading copyrighted shit you shouldn't be, you're going to get assraped sooner than later, even on your SEEKRET KLUB torrents.

Let it die. This shitty garbage that was originally meant for distributing a file among peers in a level network and not some inconsistent internet where everyone can drop out and leave downloaders high and dry is fucking stupid.

Find a new way to distribute your goddamn chinese animu and shitty modern TV/movies.
>>
File: horsefuck.jpg (783 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
horsefuck.jpg
783 KB, 1920x1080
>>53844224

Upload = unlimited

I'm thinking this must be on comcast's end
>>
>>53844171
Think of it this way. There is 1 seed called A, then 2 leeches, you leech B and leech C

You download from A but limit upload to 0. A gives 100% to you, B.
C comes along and wants it. He first asks you, leech B for it, but being a cunt you don't give him any, so he goes to seed A.

Suddenly seed A uploads it to B and C at the same time, dropping your speed, for examples sake to 50%.

Don't limit or you'll get choked.
>>
>>53844261
>you're going to get assraped sooner than later, even on your SEEKRET KLUB torrents
Not whilst using a VPN in a country that gives no fucks about 'piracy'.
>>
>>53844265
>Upload = unlimited
Can you try it on a FRESH torrent?
>>
>>53844261
>If you're downloading something legal, a direct download off of whoever's site is providing it is pretty much ALWAYS faster.
lies, even big companies throttle bandwidth
>>
>>53844261
nut this is just objectively false and lots of programs offer legitimate torrent options to download them legally, and its almost always faster. Although this is totally anecdotal, when I download from torrents I get around 2mb/s, and have never seen over 1.5mb/s from direct downloads (my internet isnt the best I know).
>>
>>53844296
>this is what torrentfucks actually believe

>>53844348
Vs. getting choked to death by fucking unreliable, shitty torrents? HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAA.

Jesus fuck, torrentfags, deluded much?
>>
>>53844382
t. comcast employee

>Vs. getting choked to death by fucking unreliable, shitty torrents
Yeah, part of the protocol to curb leechers.
>>
Dumping this here. http://mg8.org/processing/bt.html
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.