[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a difference between "factory-overclocked"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: CGYGOWjW8AAknmx.jpg (82 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CGYGOWjW8AAknmx.jpg
82 KB, 600x600
Is there a difference between "factory-overclocked" GPUs and me over clocking a non-OCed GPU?
>>
>>53843715
You will probably fuck up the hardware because they used cheaper/binned parts. Otherwise they would sell it at the higher clockrate. You may win the silicon lottery, or end up with an unstable OC that results in brick in a month.
>>
>>53843715
factory overclocked has a warranty

you OC'ing voids a warranty
>>
>>53843784

I have a Zotac GTX 970, and it came with firestorm for over clocking. Would I void warranty if I use their own software to OC? Doesn't make sense to me ..
>>
>>53843864
See now you're getting it, that's how they fuck you up the ass.

It's like god and that fucking apple.
>>
>>53843879

How much must I overclock to get, say a 10 FPS difference?
>>
>>53843715
non-oc'd or reference cards usually aren't binned as well as factory overclocked cards, so it's likely that they won't oc as much if at all

>>53843784
>>53843864
if you brick your card somehow from ocing there's no way the manufacturer can tell. also use msi afterburner/unigine heaven

>>53844202
fps gains are pretty linear with regard to core clock, i.e. a 10% core oc will get you 10% more fps
>>
>>53845353
>fps gains are pretty linear with regard to core clock, i.e. a 10% core oc will get you 10% more fps
where did you get this information from?
are you retarded?
>>
>>53845399
as long as you're not being bottlenecked elsewhere this is very true

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9059/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-review/17

20% core oc, 20% fps increase

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9421/the-amd-radeon-r9-fury-review-feat-sapphire-asus/18

7.5% core oc on the asus card, 7.5% fps increase

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2013/11/05/amd-radeon-r9-290-review/10

17.2% you get the idea i hope
>>
>>53843864
How difficult is it to understand? This happens on just about anything you buy, tinker with something that can ruin such device or machine and it gets void.

Yes you can push it further and still work or not. Not our responsibility if you knowingly are messing up with something and can cause damage in any way.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.