[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a good web browser? Firefox is going down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: firefox.png (7 KB, 632x106) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
7 KB, 632x106
Will there ever be a good web browser?

Firefox is going down hill
Opera killed itself years ago
Chrome is tracking central
internet explorer lack features and has an awful gui
Palemoon iirc is stopping delevopement
etc
>>
>>53842622
I always found that Chrome was more of a RAM hog than firefox. What is wrong with Firefox though?
>>
>>53842622
>Palemoon iirc is stopping delevopement
Not true. They are just re-building it from a later Firefox milestione or something like that IIRC.

But if you want a Firefox-based browser, it's honestly not that fucking hard to tweak Firefox to be useful.
Classic Theme Restorer and a couple about:config tweaks and you can fix both the UI and botnet in like five minutes.
>>
>>53842622
>Firefox is going down hill
>Chrome is tracking central
Can't argue with that.

>Opera killed itself years ago
It's actually better than Chrome, despite its 0% market share.

>internet explorer lack features and has an awful gui
>what is Edge?
>>
>>53842928
recent updates remove a lot of functionality becasue idiots where letting hackers in (imagine leaving your front door open and complaining that people steal your stuff so you decide to remove the door instead of close it)

>>53843231
opera switching to being chrome is what killed it, at least for me. edge suffers the same fate as ie from what ive seen, although i have no opinion of it
>>
>>53843285
In a sea of shit, Firefox is the least shitty.
>>
>>53843311
i know, which was the point of the thread sort of... Just because its the best doesnt mean its good.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.