[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will you consider buying it after knowing that ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: occulus.png (614 KB, 808x3414) Image search: [Google]
occulus.png
614 KB, 808x3414
Will you consider buying it after knowing that ?
>>
>buying early adopter gear
epitome of stupidity
>>
>>53842156
Here's a link
> http://gizmodo.com/there-are-some-super-shady-things-in-oculus-rifts-terms-1768678169?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gizmodo%2Ffull+%28Gizmodo%29
>>
>Oh no I won't be able to play muh super secret vidy games or hack the my servers with it.
I don't care and I'm not reading that.
>>
usable link
http://archive.is/pRZuM
>>
Thank you. This strengthens the argument that everything from Facebook is malware. Time to get rid of WhatsApp.
>>
>>53842245
oh no a dumb fuck
>>
tldr;

Oculus (and basically Facebook) owns creative content
>By submitting User Content through the Services, you grant Oculus a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual (i.e. lasting forever), non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free and fully sublicensable (i.e. we can grant this right to others) right to use, copy, display, store, adapt, publicly perform and distribute such User Content in connection with the Services. You irrevocably consent to any and all acts or omissions by us or persons authorized by us that may infringe any moral right (or analogous right) in your User Content.

Oculus can collect data from you while you’re using the device
>Information about your interactions with our Services, like information about the games, content, apps or other experiences you interact with, and information collected in or through cookies, local storage, pixels, and similar technologies
>Information about how you access our Services, including information about the type of device you’re using (such as a headset, PC, or mobile device), your browser or operating system, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and certain device identifiers that may be unique to your device;
>Information about the games, content, or other apps installed on your device
>Location information, which can be derived from information such as your device’s IP address.
fucking creepy:
>Information about your physical movements and dimensions when you use a virtual reality headset.’

Facebook can now mine your physical movements such as how you jerk off or whether you play with your butt for even more personalised sex toy advertisements.
>>
File: 1457495064922s.jpg (3 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
1457495064922s.jpg
3 KB, 125x116
>>53842336
>>
I wasn't gonna buy one anyway because being an early adapter is stupid and i don't care much for VR but this makes me want one even less
>>
>>53842156
>mfw /g/ was right again
This is why nobody on /g/ ever took the Cuckulus Rift seriously.

I'm getting a Vive personally.
>>
>>53842311
>He had whatsapp until now
It might be time to get your brain scanned, anon, because I think you have a bad tumor or two if you ever thought whatsapp was anything other than shady as fuck.
>>
>>53842164
This pretty much.

I'll wait for a smaller company to make something like this before shelling out $599 usd to these goys with their proprietary slobber all over every aspect.
>>
>>53842336
>through the Services
Well who fucking cares then.
Is it seriously that fucking hard to put the daemon on a blacklist guys?
Just install the drivers and block the rest, you don't need the fucking Facebook launcher.
I'm buying a vive regardless.
Valve may do all the same shit, but at least they seem like decent people.
>>
>>53842398
If I could choose who used what no one would use WhatsApp, but you see, messaging apps require all parties to use the same client, I'm sure you know that. I'll keep WhatsApp as a "friends service", I can't move everyone away from it.
>>
Thats why im going with ps4 and sony's vr. Dont have to worry about privacy when it comes to vidya.
>>
>>53842654
1. Your friends are retarded if they don't understand why WhatsApp is bad. Sorry, they simply are. Even my non-techie friends and relatives have dropped the use of WhatsApp and Facebook because it terrifies them.

2. If they stop talking to you unless you're signed up to WhatsApp / Facebook, then they aren't your friends. I'm not sure how you arrived at the delusion that this is how normal people interact.
>>
>>53842789
The problem is not the people close to me, but the people semi-close that don't value my opinion, but it's convenient not to be unable to talk to them digitally.
>>
>>53843204
>but it's convenient not to be unable to talk to them digitally.
Everybody who is not a close friend and who I've needed to contact for some reason or other uses e-mail over here.

What kind of country do you live in where e-mail is not the standard digital communication format?
>>
>>53843264
Email is not so comparable, because it's a slow from of communication. Still not having WhatsApp would require people to take extra effort to contact me, I'm not sure that is worth the being free of WhatsApp's botnet, which is not that bad yet.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.