[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone enlighten me on what the fuck does the "star"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (13 KB, 1119x574) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13 KB, 1119x574
Can someone enlighten me on what the fuck does the "star" and text next to a relationship in UML mean?
>>
RTFM
>>
>>53840915
Don't want to waste time learning about bullshit like UML. OOP is a meme as well
>>
cardinality

tells you the number and what kind of relationships between the classes basically
>>
>>53840935
That's not cardinality
>>
>>53840913
I have only seen this shape at the end of a relationship line, meaning aggregation. Maybe I it's an alternate notation?
>>
>>53840926
This.

Just yolo it, properly designed software is for scrubs.
>>
It's non-standard, so it can mean anything. The only thing that's close is the aggregation relationship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_diagram#Aggregation
>>
>>53840913
The text is used to name the relationship. It can also be used to assign names to the members of the corresponding class that resemble the relationship in your implementation. A star is used for the count (e.g. one library consists of any number of books) although your diagram shows a diamod which is used to mark the start of an aggregation.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.