[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ and efficiency
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: dhHfixi.jpg (99 KB, 867x1023) Image search: [Google]
dhHfixi.jpg
99 KB, 867x1023
All right seems like with all the loyalty you guys have for a brand, OS, brand of Hardware or ideology (free software against profit) you guys have forgot about the most important factor in any tool (because after all that's what software and computers are after all), the efficiency, shouldn be the main goal of g achieve the maximum efficiency in the task their perform with their equip including of course the time and money required on it?
>>
i want kuroneko to step on my face
>>
fuck off i7 @ 1/2 speed intel shill
>>
>>53839665
Same here bro
>>53839671
What the fuck are you talking about? If you don't have any argument better go back to shitpost in some think pad general thread or whatever you autist shit posters do in this board
>>
>>53839654
>free software against profit
I'd just like to interject for a moment. https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html
>>
>>53839698
All right I learned something new today but that kinda proves my point, profit and efficiency in our tasks should be the main goal to achieve with our tools, what could be the best way to achieve it?
>>
>>53839762
Find bottlenecks, improve them until you hit the next bottleneck, repeat.
That's really about it.
>>
>>53839762
Be more specific otherwise >>53839803 is your general answer
>>
>>53839691

I'm a post-rationalist. I don't believe in arguing. It's just not nice.
~daisuki
>>
>>53839803
>>53839835
As I said in the OP is about the tasks you perform with your computer, if your job is to improve software then your answer is correct, but what about the general user, the office peeps, the visual and graphic designers or the people in audio and video editing, that's what I'm talking about
>>53839856
Arguing for the sole purpose of arguing is women tier conduct, but is a necessary feat in life to be a good verbal skirmisher if you want to stand up for what you believe
>>
>>53839950
>user interface
Same answer. If the bottleneck is in a user constantly clicking through menus to get to functionality they use many times per job, that can be improved.
>>
>>53839950
>what about the general user, the office peeps, the visual and graphic designers or the people in audio and video editing, that's what I'm talking about

Let's be honest, a lot of people here don't care about any professions like those. Many believe being a codemonkey is the default productive path in life.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.