[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultra-fast HD/SSD/storage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sata drives.jpg (75 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
sata drives.jpg
75 KB, 600x450
What's the very fastest data storage available at the moment, /g/?

I'm building a GPU farm to start building a prime factor rainbow table. I need the data going straight from the GPUs to the HD with no bottlenecks. Do PCI-E 3.0 SSDs have the fastest data rate in existence or is there something faster?

From what I can tell they can still only write ~500-600MB/s. That's going to be a crazy bottleneck.
>>
>>53835889
intel 750 series SSD is the fastest atm. but you need an x-99 or z-97 MB for it get the speeds.
>>
>>53835889
>From what I can tell they can still only write ~500-600MB/s. That's going to be a crazy bottleneck.
Its like you never hear about raids por something op...
>>
>>53835889
I don't know how much storage you need, but it sounds like what you want is a whole lot of RAM and some RAMdisk software.
>>
>>53835931
I'd rather keep any unnecessary switching out of the build. I'm going to end up with a couple hundred petabytes of data and it's going to take a while.
>>
>>53835956
Yeah because you can buy petabytes ssd now right?
>>
>>53835988
Yeah.. every time I have this idea I get reminded of the mass of the universe problem with storing rainbow tables.

Then I get sucked into spending 6 hours trying to optimize sieve algorithms
>>
>>53835889
>What's the very fastest data storage available at the moment
RAMdisk
>>
>>53836873
Speaking on this, you can get server boards that support pretty crazy RAM amounts.
>>
How well do rainbow tables compress?

And how much CPU power do you have to spare in this rig?
>>
itt fantasies and dipshittery
>>
>>53837826
>he didn't use rainbow tables to crack the admin password in highschool
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.