[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What VPN service does /g/ use? I have Comcast as my ISP, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Wallhaven.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wallhaven.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
What VPN service does /g/ use?

I have Comcast as my ISP, and recently started pirating. Don't want any trouble with those assholes.

I am looking for something cheap, and reliable.
>>
>>53835628
I have AirVPN. Has port forwarding, servers in a bunch of different countries, seems pretty good. I'm happy.

course any VPN provider you kinda have to trust them
>>
>>53835661
What is the price?
>>
>>53835682
I was month to month for a while but I bought a year a while back, it was like five bucks a month. Some of that was the exchange rate though, they're priced in euros
>>
>>53835628
PIA is a good starter.
Once you want something better than commercial VPNs just set up your own on a VPS.
>>
>>53835628
Fuck that image is so satisfying
>>
How do you go about using a vpn?
>>
File: homelab.jpg (655 KB, 2268x4032) Image search: [Google]
homelab.jpg
655 KB, 2268x4032
>>53835750
>>
>>53835796
>How do you go about using a vpn?
Depends on what you have. Most of the commercial products have their own front end that does everything for you.
>>
>>53835863
>only cable managing the non-black cables
racism at its finest
>>
>>53835881
So it's just an application or web page and literally login and click "connect through VPN" or something?
>>
>>53835740
How can I make my own VPN?
>>
File: Power Lines.jpg (163 KB, 2200x1238) Image search: [Google]
Power Lines.jpg
163 KB, 2200x1238
>>53835750
It really is man.
>>
I use PIA for torrenting.

It's cheap and works. Only thing is you can't really use it for 4chan due to range ban, so only few IPs work and aren't worth the hassle of trying to get.
>>
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Piracy
>>
>>53835863
>Comparing home switches to enterprise equipment
>>
>>53835975
Get a VPS in a country you trust with a good provider.
Setup openvpn.
?????
Profit
>>
I use TorGuard.

I signed up with this link:
https://torguard.net/aff.php?aff=1855

And this coupon code:
YBS4S3G88P

They give 50% off whatever service you buy from them. The proxy only service is a really good deal and for most people is all they need. The VPN service obviously is more robust and has port forwarding if you need that.
>>
I use Zenmate, paid 20 Dollars instead of 120 for 1 year, its pretty okaish.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.