[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am going to be taking pic related soon I know most of your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: A-.png (52 KB, 1414x1242) Image search: [Google]
A-.png
52 KB, 1414x1242
I am going to be taking pic related soon

I know most of your faggot probably think the A+ is a total joke and even a retard could pass is blind folded but I was wondering if any of you who have passed it could give me some advice

Is it particularly hard if you are at least able to build your own PC and have had entry level experience with PC repair? Should I panic if I am not completely acing the practice exams? Is it even worth it in terms of getting a better job?
>>
>>53834477
>if you are at least able to build your own PC and have had entry level experience with PC repair
Depends. CompTIA is, special... Get familiar with the practice tests because it's all about answering the questions the way they want them answered.
>Should I panic if I am not completely acing the practice exams
Depends on what you mean mean by "not completely". You need about 80% to pass the exam. And in my experience you'll get a lower score on the cert test than you do on the practice exams due to just question memorization as apposed to actual understanding.
>Is it even worth it in terms of getting a better job?
Depends on what you do now and what you want to do. It'll get your foot in the door working help desk for some company. But you're not going to get your A+ and then suddenly be middle class. It's an ENTRY level cert.
>>
>>53835086
Which practice test is best? I have a copy of study book in print and another that I found a pdf version of but both where published about two years ago and feature different practice questions
>>
>>53834477
yes
>>
Check out TestOut PC Professional.

My educational institution just started using this instead of A+ because it's more "hands on".

http://www.testout.com/home/certification/testout-pc-pro-certification
>>
>>53834477
I passed it back in 2011 before it expired every 3 years. The test isn't as easy as everyone makes it out to be. It covers a lot with little, everything from printer parts to dos commands and file systems. Now its not hard as a CCNA but studying and taking practice tests will help. I got like a 97% or something when I took it.

Google Professor Messor he does great A+ videos.

The tests are dynamic so if you keep answering networking questions wrong then it will keep throwing more of them at you.
>>
>>53834477
make sure you know cmd and the flags for each. like:

shutdown /r /t 900

shutdown /a

I took the 800 series so I only had to know Windows, 900 series requires OS X/Linux knowledge too.
>>
>>53835595
As someone who's taken the CCNA and A+ cert test I can say that it's not nearly as hard as the CCNA.

A+ Was like 10 weeks study for me. CCNA was 6 months.
>>
>>53835402
I've got both an A+ and a TestOut PC Pro cert, I think I should be good
>>
I have it. Currently have a certification path chose out. Trying to get my Network+ done now then Sec+. I want to get into pentesting. Was looking at the CEH then finishing college after that.
>>
>>53834477
> dumps are out there
> really isn't tough
> I don't think this cert is a joke
> got me something 42k a year starting, haters gonna hate gotta start somewhere
>>
>>53837147
CEH is trash, look into OSCP. It is double the price but it is worth 3 times more professionally.

CEH is basically security+ but $500 ,
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.