[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Satya-Nadella-2015-hero-1.jpg (197 KB, 1200x855) Image search: [Google]
Satya-Nadella-2015-hero-1.jpg
197 KB, 1200x855
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Windows 10, is in fact, Windows/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Windows plus Linux...
>>
>>53829122
I like this new meme
>>
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Windows/Linux is actually NSA/Windows/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, NSA plus Windows plus Linux.
>>
File: 1456177195186.gif (1 MB, 245x350) Image search: [Google]
1456177195186.gif
1 MB, 245x350
YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP BOYS
>>
>>53829122
Windows is not built on top of the linux kernel you unbelievably retarded shitposter

All you get is a glorified VM
>>
>>53829122
This is finally real

Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?

That sounds preposterous to me.

If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that windows is more than just Office ? Its a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people dont realise this.

Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Windows 10, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.

Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer from start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.

I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.
>>
>>53829845
> This is finally real
>Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.
Sorry, m8, but no.
>>
>>53829845
>this guy
You are walking a fine line between sarcasm and retardation, my friend. I'm not sure which side this falls on.
>>
>>53829984
>>53830048
>being this new

Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>53830105
Killing myself becase I'm new is like killing myself because I'm 10. I'll grow up, and you'll be the same poophead.
>>
>>53829845
thank fucking god this is a copypasta
>>
>>53830176
could you make a post any more fucking cringe worthy?
>>
>>53829122
Why does /g/ worship King Autist Stallman again?
>>
>>53830277
HAHA! Trolled by Anonymous legion :-)))))))
We do not forgive, we do not forget.
>>
>>53830277
Could you make >>53829845 anymore cringeworthy?
>>
>>53829122
>I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Windows 10, is in fact, Windows/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Windows plus Linux...

>literally no Linux whatsoever

GNU is not Unix
>>
>>53829754
They stated many times it's not a vm. calm yourself fellow anon.
>>
>>53830467
>not knowing this is pasta
absolute cancer to this board
>>
>>53829122
Technically it would be GNU/Windows (GNU userland on Windows Kernel).
>>
>>53830567
You alright? It is pasta, I can see it without knowing it but
> This is finally real
isn't true, it doesn't fully correspond with reality.
>>
>>53830481
It's a reverse wine
>>
File: freetardsbtfo.png (109 KB, 633x568) Image search: [Google]
freetardsbtfo.png
109 KB, 633x568
fresh OC
>>
>>53829845
I <3 this pasta
>>
>>53833489
and then he finds out she's not a girl...
>>
But it doesn't use Linux, it's still the same old Windows kernel.
GNU/Windows is actually more appropriate.
>>
>>53833489
Isn't male's dick below the waist? Where's pepe's ass in that drawing, then?
>>
>>53831103
Wine is a VM? Holy shit we've been had.
>>
>>53830481
Windows/Linux is not a VM unto itself as defined by POSIX
>>
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as GNU/Windows, is in fact, GNU/Windows/NT, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Windows plus NT.

GNU/Windows is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another non-free component of a fully functioning Microsoft system made useful by the NT kernel, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the NT system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of NT which is widely used today is often called “GNU/Windows”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the NT system, developed by Microsoft's NT team.
There really is a GNU/Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. GNU/Windows is the userspace: programs that you run as the user. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. GNU/Windows is normally used in combination with the NT kernel: the whole system is basically GNU with Windows added with NT added, or GNU/Windows/NT. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Windows/NT.
>>
>>53829845

Are there seriously people that can't recognize copypasta when they see it?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.