[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about making my own vr headset. Is there any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: HTC+Vive_White.jpg (37 KB, 630x394) Image search: [Google]
HTC+Vive_White.jpg
37 KB, 630x394
I'm thinking about making my own vr headset. Is there any way to obtain a 5" 4k display like the xperia z5 has? with controller to connect to hdmi or whatever.
>>
>>53828933
>4k display
>hdmi
I guess id you want to get30fps max which is horrible for a VR headset.
>>
Man, why do people fuck up with the first step? These VR headsets aren't just a screen to your face. If you want that use a goddamn Cardboard.

It isn't just resolution. You NEED low persistence for VR to work comfortably. This means using a OLED panel and blacking out the screen at <2ms intervals.
>>
>>53829001
I don't want to game, more into 3d simulation. 30fps is fine
>>
>>53829142
It's not, even when not playing games. You clearly have no understanding of how VR can be done effective.
>>
File: 2inOdiQ.png (563 KB, 2328x1292) Image search: [Google]
2inOdiQ.png
563 KB, 2328x1292
>>53829142
60+fps isn't good just for gaming. It's closer to actual motion. It's a nice medium between so few frames it's choppy and so many that it's slow mo video.
>>
buy z5 and use cardboard
>>
>>53829205
>>53829188
I've tried the shittiest devkits with demos and games in sub par fps. Really, it wouldn't matter this project.
>>
>>53829226
I don't need the actual phone part of the phone, just the screen. I already use cardboard.
>>
>>53829226
Z5 doesn't even render the GUI in 4k. You think it does 360 video?
>>
>>53829346
So you're asking us where to find an Sony Z5 Premium screen replacement.
Well,. I did a quick search and I found jack shit.

I dunno, the certified repair shops for these phones seem to be under the rader at least in my country. If you know someone who works retail surely they can look it up for you and then you ask this shop nicely if you can buy some shitty screen of them. I guess?
>>
>>53829479
found something I guess
http://www.etradesupply.com/sony-xperia-z5-premium-lcd-screen-and-digitizer-assembly-black.html
>>
the future of /g/ people
>>
>>53830821
John Carmack banging his head against the problems with VR for literally years. OP thinks he can just quickly get around the issues in a few days
>>
File: 1459456643460.gif (3 MB, 174x200) Image search: [Google]
1459456643460.gif
3 MB, 174x200
>>53828933
Well, you need a low-persistence headset with a good refresh rate like at least 75Hz. Not mentioning some fantastic optics and a good software solution to accomandate the choice of optics to not make the image look skewed.
>>
>>53833775
*Headset*, I ment displays.
>>
>>53829142
>30fps is fine
>VR
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.