[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Problem uploading files over a certain filesize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: asd.png (25 KB, 362x203) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
25 KB, 362x203
Here's the problem.
I have a hosted website.
When I try to upload files (I'm using filezilla but also with other softwares the problem remains)the files that have more than 2000 bytes won't upload.
It's not a connection problem because when I tried to go to my friend's house I used the same computer and the same files won't upload,but when I used his pc ALL the files uploaded.
I would be very grateful if you could help me figuring out what the problem could be and help me solve it.
As you can see by the image some files have 0 bytes because they couldn't upload due to the issue.
>>
>>53828721
what ftp clients did you use?

try another one, like WinSCP or filezilla (don't install the toolbar)
>>
>>53828721
i think its a configuration issue with your client
>>
I use filezilla and I tried also the other program.When i went to my friend's house I used Filezilla and it worked.
>>
>>53828809
try deleting filezilla's settings / uninstall, not sure what setting would cause this
>>
tried also to delete appdata but the problem is still there
>>
>>53828809
reboot your router if you have a dynamic ip. if the client doesnt matter and it works from your friends computer, something could be up with the server not accepting shit from your ip.
also if you have a tight firewall check your configurations. i have one thats tighter than the tinfoil around my head and it always fucks something up when i set up servers.

btw what software are you using serverside?
>>
For uploading files?Filezilla if you meant this.I also tried WinSCP
>>
>>53829156
>WinSCP
Does it have the same error?
Any anti virus software, firewall that might be interfering with FTP traffic?

>>53828987
I assume shared hosting from the OP, so there's probably not much he can do aside from contacting support (maybe they know this error from other customers)
>>
>>53829199
oh
well then op should do like you said and contact the support. or he should consider hosting in his basement, that reduces the number of people who can fuck your shit up to 1.
>>
File: lolo.png (260 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
lolo.png
260 KB, 1366x768
I tried to host the web on localhost(wamp) and it worked.
I also tried to contact support.They actually managed to upload the file i sent them,with 2 different computers.
I noticed i get the same error:Software caused connection abort in both Filezilla and WinSCP.
Any Ideas?View the screenshot
>>
>>53829968
Check mtu
>>
>>53829968
try disabling firewall

maybe also on your router
>>
Tried to disable the firewall but got the same error :(
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.