[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just about to finish my first PC build and I'm wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1422486950852.gif (2 MB, 376x411) Image search: [Google]
1422486950852.gif
2 MB, 376x411
Just about to finish my first PC build and I'm wondering where is the best place that I can go to to talk to someone about the ins and outs of making sure everything is in the right place before I boot it up. I was thinking of going to Staples and asking someone at the info desk. Anywhere else good?
>>
>>53827775
>staples
jesus christ i hope you're fucking trolling. go to overclock.net you stupid fuck, or the corsair forums. wow. 3/10
>>
>>53827822
I'm confused as to how you understood my request to include websites. I want to talk to someone about it, maybe have them look at it.
>>
>>53827939
I'm confused by how fucking dumb you are. Post pictures of how your shit is connected, and people who actually know about this shit will LOOK AT THEM and TALK TO YOU ABOUT IT. 4/10 O replied again.
>>
>>53828116
Hey calm down buddy you're yelling at me like I'm talking about going to the gardening section of Walmart to ask about rocket science
>>
Also, you helpess retard, watch a few PC building videos on youtube, it isn't fucking difficult. It's literally plug and play. If that doesn't give you the confidence to push the power button, throw your PC away.
>>
PC building forums are literally your best resource. That and vidoes. Geek squad and Staples are terrible ideas, they will cost you money and know nothing. OP is a faggot.
>>
>>53827775
Motherboard standoffs?
Motherboard screws?
Io back plate?
Cpu?
Cpu paste?
Cpu cooler?
Cpu fan?
Cpu power?
Board power?
Case IO connected?
RAM fully inserted?
RAM in right slots?
Bios reset switch in neutral?
Bios battery?
>>
PCIE from gpu and sata from mobo connected to gpu and drives?
fans plugged into mobo?
mobo plugged into gpu?

asshole that's all you need to check
>>
>>53828314
the SATA is my main concern, my SSD didn't come with a cord and there are a couple different types
Also there's a connector from the case that doesn't go with anything on my MOBO and that concerns me
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.