[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
drivers stopped working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image016.png (82 KB, 640x155) Image search: [Google]
image016.png
82 KB, 640x155
Hi everyone, I´ve been having this issue for about a month:

When I play any game the screen just goes black and then back to normal again. But when it starts working the game crashes and it says that my drivers stopped working.

I´ve tried many methods and no one worked (intalling the last drivers, tdrdelay, etc)

pc specs:
Gtx 960
Windows 10 pro (64 bits)
amd fx 8350.

Pd: sorry if I had any grammar mistake.
>>
But that looks like Windows Vista.
>>
Have you tried installing gentoo?
>>
>>53827699
Your card is with one foot in the grave.
>>
Can you play a game with AA off? My card did this when it was about dead.
>>
>>53827699
How are your temps?
Have you tried to update your drivers?
Did you install gentoo already?
>>
I had this problem years ago with my Radeon X1550 2006 model and it turned out the gpu fan broke. open up your rig, load a game up and watch if the fan is spinning or not.
>>
>>53827699
Check pcie connection. Happened to me once
>>
>>53827699
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

Read the rules and fuck off pleb
>>
>>53827699
RMA that card. Sometimes cards just turn out bad.

I had a HD7950 that would play most games fine but in some games instead of showing the game textures it would display the mesh for the geometry, got a replacement and that never happened again.
>>
>>53829732
IPhone fagoot detected
>>
>>53829751
Before starting an RMA process you should first try some basic fix for common problems.

Make sure your PSU can provide enough power for the GPU
Make sure PCIE power wires are plugged in properly
Make sure your GPU overclock isn't unstable (most GPUs with aftermarket cooler are overclocked)
Try re-seating the GPU in the motherboard PCI-E Slot, a not properly seated GPU will give you an "Error 43" modern GPUs are pretty heavy so they can bend out of shape.
>>
>>53829773
Never touched an apple device in my life, kill yourself.
>>
Do you play WoW on retail? Depending on the answer, I might help you.
>>
File: 1455671938692.jpg (7 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
1455671938692.jpg
7 KB, 250x248
>buying nvidia
>>
I had this exact same issue. It seemed to be a remnant from upgrading to 10 (also 64-bit but I think that's irrelevant).

When I looked at the event logs, it seemed to be related to the Net.Tcp services so I disabled them and that appears to have solved the problem.
>>
check temps and make sure you don't have a bitcoin miner malware installed had one that targeted nvidia check for a folder called temp in on your C drive root that wasn't there before
>>
>>53831709
You're right, should've just bought AMD. In that case there would have been no drivers to crash.
>>
>>53833100
I feel so bad for you using this ancient FUD meme, the drivers are flawless and have never crashed on me once since I got my r9 390, whereas I had constant shit happen with nvidia drivers in the past, I'm sorry you can't accept that you made a bad purchase, amd next time.
>>
>>53833451
It's too busy running at low clock speeds to crash
>>
>>53833451
>ancient FUD meme
yet you are the same type of faggot to comment Nvidia housefire
>>
>>53827699
God that Vista taskbar is so pretty...
>>
>>53827699

You say you have a GTX 960, but do you also have any integrated graphics media running at the same time? (Intel was notorious for this) Or are you running something like Optimus? If so, you may be priming the graphics drivers on the GPU and the integrated graphics to switch.

You may also want to double-check temperature and fans, especially if you have multiple card fans on a single card.
>>
>>53827699
>>/v/
>>
>>53834376
>>>/v/
>>
>>53827699
Try out installing gentoo.
it fixes not only this particular problem, but also every known problem to date related to all kind of games.
As it is updated frequently it's a futureproof fix too.
>>
>>53827699
>nvidia
i found the problem op
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.