[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Arch/ - It just works!™
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: archlinux-logo.png (1005 KB, 10000x10000) Image search: [Google]
archlinux-logo.png
1005 KB, 10000x10000
Reminder that this is the ONLY linux distro where copying and pasting commands will actually produce the desired results and fix your system.
>>
File: CarmyLevy_UpcomingTrends.jpg (174 KB, 582x356) Image search: [Google]
CarmyLevy_UpcomingTrends.jpg
174 KB, 582x356
omg youre so cool what a linux user i wanna suck your dick bcuz you use arch and type codes omg omg
>>
>>53827125
citation needed
>>
Is there a distro with an even more simple source package building system? Slackware maybe? I like how straightforward pkgbuilds are and I wonder whether there's something even more basic.
>>
>>53827254
Linux From Scratch
>>
>>53827214
>type codes

The guy just admitted all he does is copy and paste
>>
Ubuntu is the best distro for me. It's Linux, It's free, It uses deb and it just works. I remember spending 3 hours trying to mount an android drive to crunchbang++ and 8 fucking hours trying to install Gentoo in UEFI mode with a minimal cd.
>>
>>53827285
I'm not a poser like OP. Every Linux user types codes, but no one has to shout "I TYPE CODES U LOSER FKİNG N00B!!!!".
>>
>>53827243
[1] Personal experience.
[2] /g/ Arch threads.
[3] Arch Linux forums.
>>
>>53827321
Yea but every distro is based on Linux. The command line works same on every distro.Post real proof or it didn't happen.
>>
>>53827343
Every other distro:
>Did you try this and that?
>Yes, that's how it's currently set up.
>Ok then, maybe try this.
>Nope, exactly the same as before.
>Well I'm out of ideas. Good luck.

Arch:
>Did you try this and that?
>Oh, I forgot to add that. Thanks that fixed it.

or in rare cases it actually turns out to be an actual bug in some software.
>>
>>53827278
Cool meme, one thousand botnets for you sir!
>>
>>53827501
>or in rare cases it actually turns out to be an actual bug in some software.
Arch is a bug itself and you must be fuckin retarded to like it.
>>
>>53827553
>>Arch is a bug itself and you must be fuckin retarded to like it.
t. Ubuntu user
>>
File: 1459528434436.jpg (24 KB, 720x339) Image search: [Google]
1459528434436.jpg
24 KB, 720x339
>>53827125
On linux mint the only time i have ever had to open the terminal is to install a ppa for kodi and java....
>>
>>53827501
What the fuck is this shit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.