[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to learn to use the GNU/Linux terminal but Codecademy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: codefuckingshit.png (41 KB, 3705x779) Image search: [Google]
codefuckingshit.png
41 KB, 3705x779
I'm trying to learn to use the GNU/Linux terminal but Codecademy is fucking shit. What should i use?
>>
You should just use the terminal for daily tasks instead of graphical applications, and when you get stuck you should just google the problem. This will be much more effective and productive than trying to take some sort of "bash class"
>>
>>53824907
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxcommand/files/TLCL/13.07/TLCL-13.07.pdf/download
>>
>>53825478
/thread
No other book explains shit any better.
>>
>>53824907
Well, if you're a beginner, why would you think it's shit.
Else, if you were already familiar with it, why would you need to follow codecademy guides?

As this anon >>53825478 suggested it, just grab a book and read it if you don't like an interactive guide.

You're also quite cocky to call "shit" a website that provide free ressources for beginner to learn when you can't even into cd and ls
>>
>>53825581
I'm a total beginner but the Codecademy website can't make a fucking "~" in the terminal emulator so it's useless.
>>
>>53824907
>>
I'm no expert at using terminal but I can navigate myself through it and do basic shit.
I learn through use, installed a GNU/Linux distribution, started using it and even enjoyed learning it.
When you get a grip on it, it really feels like it's more to-the-point compared to using your mouse to navigate through files.
>>
File: 1449091841906.png (438 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1449091841906.png
438 KB, 1280x800
>>53825613
>>
>>53825720
what wm is that?
>>
>>53825737
Openbox
>>
>>53825743
beautiful
>>
>>53825780
Thank you !
>>
Windows 10
>>
If you want to learn Linux command line deeply
checkout Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting

By Richard Blum & Christine Bresnahan
>>
>>53824907
>f you want to learn Linux command line deeply
>checkout Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting
>By Richard Blum & Christine Bresnahan
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.