[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Want album >Appreciate artist enough to not torrent >No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: Foobar2000.jpg (6 KB, 240x241) Image search: [Google]
Foobar2000.jpg
6 KB, 240x241
>Want album
>Appreciate artist enough to not torrent
>No FLAC release. meh.
>No CD release either
>Only available on cuckTunes and cuckify NO DRM FREE RELEASE AT ALL

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>still no foobar on linux
>>
iTunes gives you DRM-free 256kb/s AAC. If you don't grab the iTunes version because of some irrational hatred of Apple, it's your own fault.
>>
Never had that problem OP. What artist and album?
>>
>>53822389
If your artist wants your money X better sell it correctly.
Download it till X releases the song the correct way.
>>
>>53822425
RL grime core
>>
>>53822578
***Actually album name is Void
>>
>>53822389
yarr harr and fiddle me dee, being a pirate is alright to be.
>>
>>53822604
But how will I get non-lossy files?
>>
>>53822589
>>53822578
You're right. I can only find AAC and MP3 320 releases.

The MP3 320 releases seem to be transcodes from the AAC releases so fuck that shit.

Why do artists expect people to pay for lossy files?
>>
>>53822610
You can't, all the more reason not to give them your hard earned money.
>>
Only a shit "artist" would do such thing
>>
>>53822686

The people who make music because they love music will make it whether they get paid or not. "Artists" who expect you to pay for digital files are just jews out to get another shekel out of you, and you should have no qualms about torrenting their stuff.
>>
i hope this doesnt happen with the new die antwoord album
>>
>>53822707
>implying ``good'' ``artists'' know or care about which formats computer nerds want to buy their music in
You must exclusively listen to fedoracore.
>>
>>53822389
I fucking hate when this happens. I've started buying CD's recently since fresh rip smells delightful, covers are used for decor until I travel back to motherland and can use it in my car.
>>53822418
Biggest problem with itunes is that you need to install that piece of shit bloated software.
I've dropped ipods and iphones because of that in favor of android and HDMP
>>
>>53822389
Uhh... just a thought, but have you considered asking the artist directly?
I'm guessing it's a small-time artist so you should have no trouble getting in touch.

Good odds you'll get the lossless album you want oh-so-much.
And even if not - you'll bring up the issue to light making it much more likely that future releases will be lossless.
(Artist will actually want to release lossless albums if you manage to make him care)
>>
>>53823155
could you have given him this advice without being a dick maybe?
>>
>>53823200
Oh please.

Do you really find "[...] want oh-so-much" that insulting?
Because that's the only phrase in my reply that somehow approached "being dick".
Sure it belittles the issue, but is nevertheless an accurate description of the case.

Still, I'll refrain from using it in the future, but I find your criticism mostly unwarranted.
>>
>>53823323
its taking a legit concern and making it seem as a non issue i know i dont want my music limited to use on certain players/devices i can see how OP wouldnt either
>>
File: 1380910689192.png (385 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1380910689192.png
385 KB, 600x450
>>53822873
lol
>>
>>53823369
Well, my advice addresses the issue, "being dick" or not.

I know a ton of small-time artists that do answer private emails concerning their work.
OP's got nothing to lose really, all I'm saying is that it's worth a shot if you care *that much*.
>>
>>53823424
so ninja might respond if i email him asking why he hasnt posted to instagram in a week? im getting worried he might be dead
>>
>>53822414
Wine is a thing that exists
>>
>>53822578
>>53822589
Ayyy I pirated that. Not worth buying
>>
>>53825845
At least Baauer's selling in FLAC on bleep. That's what's more important.
>>
>>53823922
Wine is shit
>>
>>53825934
Clementine
>>
>>53822873

>Implying a "good" "artist" wouldn't care if his music isn't being released in a format through which it can be properly appreciated and stored
>>
>foobar
>not winamp

Fuckin loser
>>
>>53822688
Or you can stop being a faggot and falling for memes. If you hear a difference between flac and mp3 you probably have autism.
>>
>>53826003
True, but it is useful for archival purposes.
If you want to lossy compress the files in your library to fit on a device, with FLAC they will only have gone through lossy compression once.

If your library is MP3@320k and you do this, the information will have gone through lossy compression twice.
>>
You shouldn't buy from Apple really. If you must never use your CC, real name or identifiable e-mail when buying from the iTunes Store. Use one of them stupid prepaid cards and the goddamn iTMS Scrubber after that. Because fuck them!
>>
>>53826242
You pay for the card in cash ofc.
>>
>>53825934
Works well for your shitty usecases.

People with above average IQs use mpd anyway.
>>
>>53822389
Buy the fucking CD
>>
>>53827042

>No CD release either

>Buy the fucking CD

Reading comprehension has dropped to an all-time low.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.