[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social Media
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: vlcsnap-2015-08-20-23h21m29s885.png (242 KB, 712x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-08-20-23h21m29s885.png
242 KB, 712x480
Do you hate social media itself or the people on it?

think about it, we have facebook, twitter, tumblr, and more out there.

But what do you really hate? If this were 1999 when the internet wasn't well known and it required some knowledge to get on AOL, wouldn't you say, that it's mostly the users?

I think what is wrong with facebook is that you can't type in something in their search without some dumb shit teenager thinking it's cool to make a fan page of it and not dedicate some time during the week for it. Then you see about 200 dead pages that haven't been updated in almost 3 years. I went looking for a page and saw "post 2009" and I'm like"you created a page, and yet, you don't even fucking use it. Delete it for god sake."

Same thing for twitter and tumblr. You see all these teenage girls making accs for stupid shit that no one will follow but their kind.

So really, if you get an acc, follow the people you want to follow, is it really social media to blame or the people that get on it? How many people do you know that use Ello or Diaspora? Exactly. It's how you use it and who you follow that makes it worth it. You use linux, where you get to make everything your own, you can do that on facebook with FB purity ya know.
inb4
>B-BUT DATA MINING! CAUSE THEY KNOW EVERYTHING IM DOING CAUSE I HAVE TO POST EVERYTHING I DO ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
They don't care. Get shit like "ghostry" and turn on all their useful features. Done
>I DONT WANT TO TALK TO PEOPLE CAUSE I HATE SOCIALIZING
You don't like people that are complete opposite of you, not your own kind. Literally find people who are into the same things you are, add them on shit, done. Stop hating something that is useful.
the more I'm on /g/ the more I think that /g/ hates anything that is actually useful and has to use anything that is overly complicated.
>being normal to any degree is complicated for /g/
>>
nice shilling mark cuckerberg
>>
>>53821606
> everything is obviously showing because I don't have an argument
Why else would you say that I'm chilling huh?
>>
File: 1458498927511.jpg (34 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1458498927511.jpg
34 KB, 540x960
>>53821667
>>
>>53821747
Sh-shuddup
>>
>>53821575
So many words and you still didn't explain why I should use social media. What are the benefits exactly?

>we have facebook, twitter, tumblr
>facebook
Random people post status updates, pictures from their life and links to other sites. Fascinating.

>twitter
Random people post short messages in painful Engrish. Uhh ... nice.

>tumblr
Random people write blogs and post pictures. Sounds useful.

>follow the people you want to follow
What if there are no people I want to follow? What do I get from it? If I want to talk to somebody I know there is the phone, iMessage or Skype.
>>
File: 1445788272932.gif (3 MB, 257x212) Image search: [Google]
1445788272932.gif
3 MB, 257x212
>>53821925
>Skype
>>
>>53822130
It's pure shit but normal people use it.
>>
>>53822130
I hate using it but all my friends use it.
>>
you explained why i hate it and the people on it simultaneously.. good job i guess.
it's impossible to find anyone.
it's over-saturated for one, you have to view at least 6 pages, checking the most recent posts and how much flow before you find the official one (it may not say official or fan page anywhere).

there's too many people and too much privacy. the search function is deliberately bad (i'm guessing for privacy purposes).
imagine you want to find a relative you haven't spoken to in at least 15 years and they have a common name and perhaps they relocated.
how the fuck do you find them?
there's like 500 people with the same name minimum any time you search anything.

if i only add people on there who were "like me" who i could stand, i would have to purge my entire Facebook.

in a nutshell: too much work and obfuscation for nothing. the only good thing about Facebook is that it's the "standard" and every company has a page basically.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.