[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Refurbishing laptops.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
What are your thoughts on refurbishing laptops and then selling them for a profit.

What laptops specs do you think the average use would fine sufficient.

If you have refurbished any laptops ('Not desktops') what models have you done.

What OS did you use?
Windows
Linux
Non fuck you anon.

Did you use a legit windows COA to activate windows once you installed? Or did you get a key by other means.

Laptop refurbishing thread if you haven't guessed by now.
>>
>>53820139

I had a client that ran a general hardware refurbishing business, but Im guessing most of their revenue came from selling refurbished notebooks.

They were the stingiest cunts I ever had to deal with. I'm guessing their margins were paper thin.
>>
>>53820139
I do this a bit in my spare time, but it has never exceeded side project standards.

I typically work on the busted ex-enterprise laptops marked as for parts or not working on eBay, so ThinkPads, elitebooks, and dell latitudes and precisions.

Parts for these are usually cheap, and they're modular enough to the point where I still find enjoyment in tearing one down to get nice and familiar with it.

I've recently sold a latitude e6430, a ThinkPad X230 tablet, and a ThinkPad T430.

All in all, I netted $350ish for something I'd consider a hobby.
>>
>>53822657
Some points I missed.

I typically use the COA found on these business machines, but on the off chance it's been removed or damaged, then Win7 goes on and all updates are completed leaving the buyer to upgrade to 10 if they want.

For daily use, most people would be set with a Core2Duo or newer. Be mindful of that new undervolted bullshit though.
>>
>>53820139
refurbish thinkpads
they are better and cheaper than mostly any new consumer laptop you can get
>>
I once bought a refurbished thinkpad and it came in with a few keyboard buttons that didnt work. those buttons were needed to enter the new installation of windows at start up. usb keyboard couldnt work. fuck that. I also dkdnt check it before the return delay was past...
>>
>>53820139
This is only profitable if you manage to buy large batches and do minimal refurbishing.
For example a company decides to get rid of their entire storage of HP Elitebooks, you buy them for €50 each and then resell them for €300.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.