[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is the 828$ pc good http://www.logicalincrements.com/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1920x1080
is the 828$ pc good http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
>>53819519
wanna use of for emulation
>>
>>53819529
is it good for my first built pc
>>
Logical increments will recommend you a bunch of unnecessary shit like a z170 mobo and aftermarket cooler with a locked CPU. Honestly you'd be better off just asking r/buildapc.

>multiple correct solutions required please solve more

Is this an April Fools joke? It's not funny.
>>
File: 4gfuF3E.jpg (85 KB, 540x526) Image search: [Google]
4gfuF3E.jpg
85 KB, 540x526
>>53819707
>says logical increments is bad
>recommends r/buildapc
>>
>>53819716
It's better than logical increments if you're clueless but yeah it's also shit.
>>
>>53819529
maybe you should do research yourself...
for emulating games all you need is Intel Integrated HD graphics 4000, which comes on all(?) intel CPU nowadays. At most (for something 3d) you might need AMD with integrated card, the A8 or A10 series. Don't worry about not getting an actual card because you can put one in later. Better to not blow your money if all you want is emulation (I am guessing you mean games not virtual PC otherwise ignore this)
>>
>>53819756
I want to play steam games as well
>>
>>53819765
I do got money in bank
>>
>>53819765
>I want to play steam games
I hate this shit
Steam has so many games that 'steam games' can mean fucking anything, from stupid VNs to popcap type games
>>
>>53819765
Well it depends on games/game settings. You just need to use common sense and GPU benchmark sites. If you want to start out like I said AMD APU could do well on some lower settings (just make sure you have high speed RAM chips because the APU doesn't have the fast memory a GPU has) and if you have a motherboard with CrossFire compatibility then you would be able to run any CrossFire compatible card you'd buy as an update in tandem with your APU (thus making it faster than the Standalone GPU)
But if you don't want to bother it may just be better to say fuck it and buy something like GTX 970 it will last you a while. If you are willing to spend 800+ dollars it is no problem to get better stuff than what I mentioned but the most common problem with gaming pc's is overkill. Generally, though, if you want to play the latest games on the highest settings just drop some money on the 970.
>>
>>53819806
total noob
>>
>>53819789
pick CPU/GPU first
then pick mobo and hard drive
then choose case/peripherals
then install gentoo

I just copied part of a "top build" on pcpartpicker
>amd r9 290
>i5 4690k
>samsung ssd (OS) and WD 1TB HDD (media)
then some random mobo that was compatible + the 16gb meme I fell for and my case and shit.

It really isn't that hard to pick out the parts so long as they're all modern
>>
>>53819519
Read the sticky.
>>>/wsr/
>>>/v/
Kill yourself.

In any order.
>>
>>53819806
>GTX 970 it will last you a while
>latest games on the highest settings just drop some money on the 970

but that's wrong, you fucking retard
>>
>>53819529
don't build a computer for emulating games, it's dumb, full of bugs and bullshit. just get the console.
>>
>>53819806
>2016
>still recommending the 3.5 meme card
please kill yourself
>>
File: $780.jpg (140 KB, 1159x697) Image search: [Google]
$780.jpg
140 KB, 1159x697
Here is what you should get.

And no SSDs are not just a meme. Neither are 16 GiB of RAM, which barely cost more than 8 GiB.
>>
>>53821913
Or better change the PSU to
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220p20650x1
>>
>>53821913
April Fool's was yesterday
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.