[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lads I'm looking to buy a new laptop and I want desktop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: is this a ripoff.png (275 KB, 1138x555) Image search: [Google]
is this a ripoff.png
275 KB, 1138x555
Lads I'm looking to buy a new laptop and I want desktop performance since I'll be travelling over asia for 3 months

I looked at pic related and similar model with 980M and 1Ghz less in processor that was a whole grand cheaper

What makes pic related so much better? is gtx980 and i7 6820HK (2.70 GHz) so much more better than gtx 980m and Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)?

I guess the price of the extra 12gb of ram is included too and the fancy paint over it but I feel like its a rip off
>>
>>53818431
its the proccesor, i think the k means that it is unlocked, and the q on the otther one means quadcore
>>
>>53818454
they are both quad core though, and says can be overclocked
>>
>>53818431
That isn't a mobility 980 you idiot, it's a full powered gtx 980. Same as you can buy for your desktop, same power! That's why it's so much more expensive.
>>
>>53818489
I know its desktop gtx 980, but I heard it isn't even that much faster than a gtx980m and its like 500 bucks more
>>
>>53818505
That's because it throttles to hell. I don't know of a single laptop that can cool it properly. You'd need at least two 16mm+ copper pipes and two high cfm fans for it alone, but most laptops you find that in only have one for the GPU and one for the CPU.

Just get the one with the 980m. It'll run every game you throw at it, not on high settings but it will run.
>>
>>53818554
I'm gonna be playing a lot of tough games like total war and witcher, can it maintain above 60?

Also can I not fix the heating issue with a 20 buck laptop cooler?
>>
>>53818576
>32 GB of RAM
My fucking sides. Does your mommy know that you're going to waste her hard earned money on meme hardware ?
If you buy a laptop as your gayming rig with more than 8 GB RAM you are completely retarded.
>>
>>53818431
You could probably play most games on medium/low or even high settings on a 4gb gt 940m.
What makes you think you can't Max out most games on a gtx 980m?
>>
>>53818671
okay i guess the gtx980 isnt worth it
>>
>>53818682
All shitposting aside the 980m is a lot cheaper. Think of what you could do with all that money and be happy.
>>
>>53818703
Yeah I think I want to save that money

shame though since i really like the design on the gtx980 one
>>
>>53818649
I can smell the jelly from here
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.