[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i ACTUALLY look up an ip address?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: angry gamer.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
angry gamer.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
someone stole my xbox one and my roommates ps4, I have an ip address from looking on my microsoft account of where a sign in happened.
>>
Hello Keith! I'm also interested in the subject at hand. So I will just stand back and monitor this thread. Hope that's okay, thanks!
>>
Contact the police you fucking retard.
>>
Do a whois search on that IP. If they weren't using a proxy, it will return the location of their ISP. Not sure from there
>>
>>53818346
already did, i can do it quicker
>>
You cant do jack shit with an IP address, your Xbox is gone, accept it.
>>
>>53818486
kid you can't do shit other than ask /g/, go to the police who do this shit for a living.
>>
>>53818313
Good luck. You can try triangulating the IP's location by simultaneously pinging it from three different computers, but that's a hard stretch.
>>
Have you tried making a gooey in Visual Basic to track the thief's address?
>>
>>53818313
Who is the address, find out who the ISP is, go to the police and say you're stolen device has logged in through an IP address allocated by that ISP company, see what your police will do about it. Probably dick all.
>>
Kill yourself
>>
>>53818313

If you have an IP, great, Take it to the police.

Unless they plugged it into a static address'd modem (which is highly unlikely), the only people who are gonna know who had that IP leased to them, is the ISP, who isn't going to give Keith Parrish that information. But they'll give the local police detective that is handling Keith Parrish's case that information, so he can then call that area's local police detective (if outside of his jurisdiction) to go get a Warrant from a judge to search the location that the ISP claims the modem to be at, for an Xbox One and PS4 that you can positively prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that YOU own, and that they were STOLEN from you. Or that your roommmate owns/was stolen from him.

Read: It's going to take a few months. The police have bigger and better shit to do, like trying to find out what nigger is selling coke on the corner or who shot Juan for being Mexican and if they need to cover up a hate crime or if they can claim he was illegal anyway.
>>
>>53819119
>Jamal playing with new consoles he was "donated"
>suddenly a fat neckbeard kicks in door, with 3 PCs strapped to his body
>breathing heavily, with his NES controller shirt drenched in sweat and cargo shorts filled with various mobile gizmos, he approaches the man
>he breathes in, and bellows at the top of his lungs
>"GIVE IT BACK JAMAL, REEEEEEEEE!!"
>>
>>53818486
Apparently not, you fucking retard.
>>
>>53818313
Program a GUI interface in Visual Basic.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.