[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any tech guys out there know where i could get replacements to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 23523442342.jpg (725 KB, 1456x823) Image search: [Google]
23523442342.jpg
725 KB, 1456x823
any tech guys out there know where i could get replacements to these in the red. radio shack or ebay? tried to look up the numbers but nothing came up.
>>
>>53817961
The yellow look like inductors, they rarely go bad. Yellow are capacitors, the value is written on the top, they sometimes go bad. Why do you feel the need to replace them? Just replace or parallel them with any capacitor of similar or greater voltage rating and similar capacitance. You could try putting a few smaller value capacitors in parallel with them to see if it helps what ever issue youre having.
>>
They're generic SMD capacitors. RS components or Element14 should have them.

Ask >>>/diy/ohm about this stuff.
>>
File: 100_8049.jpg (1 MB, 3640x2056) Image search: [Google]
100_8049.jpg
1 MB, 3640x2056
>>53818114
its a monitor that wont turn on. no standby light, nothing. doesnt heat up anywhere on the board when its plugged in. it runs an external power supply 14v 3amps dc. the ones in red read zero ohms but the one accross the board read 8 ohms. its a power issue but i havent tried to fix one like this with an external power supply.
>>
>>53818144

In all likelihood the caps are across power and ground and the 'zero ohms' you're reading are from a short elsewhere on the board. It's very rare for a cap to short, unless it's been over-volted.
>>
>>53818172
This. Plug in. The power supply and check if it drops to 0v when connected to the monitor, if it does youve got a dead short somewhere and its tripping the over current protection. If it doesnt, start tracing the voltage across the board, especially around regulators and see where its lost.
>>
>>53818198
one of the caps are reading -11volts zero ohms? other ones are reading 13volts
>>
>>53818271

Sounds like they're the bias voltage supplies then. Not sure why you're reading 0 ohms across them since there's a voltage across them and they're not exactly high current supplies.

Check the voltage on the VCC pad on the top right of the board, should be 5, 3.3 or 1.8.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.