[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >still no tabs in explorer.exe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1373382040443.jpg (14 KB, 345x365) Image search: [Google]
1373382040443.jpg
14 KB, 345x365
>2016
>still no tabs in explorer.exe
>>
>>53817260
Shift+click on the taskbar icon should do the job.
>>
why though? The only time I have multiple file manager windows is when I'm copying from one to another, and then I want them tiled and not tabbed
>>
clover works fine :)
>>
micro cucks
>>
>>53817341
I want a tab for my local downloads, my network downloads, pictures, and then anything else I'm working on. I don't want 4+ windows cluttering my screen and I also don't want to navigate to those places repeatedly after I close windows.
>>
>windows """"operating system"""""""
>>
>>53817418
Clover is extremely buggy, pls go
>>
>>53817260
IE 9 has tabs. I have to use it for work. Did they take it out of later versions?
>>
OP, you can pin folders to the windows explorer icon on the taskbar
>>
>>53817260
test
>>
>>53817664
File Explorer, not Internet Explorer.
>>
clover and qttabbar work on my machine.
>>
>>53817613
makes sense. That's kinda what the navigation page (left side nav thing) is supposed to handle but it's not easy to customize
>>
>>53817260
Tabs are pointless when you have a proper directory tree panel unlike 99% of the shit tier full retard FMs out there that have only single pane tabs.
>>
>>53817702
>pinning anything to the taskbar
vomiting_girl.jpg

searching from the start menu is as fast, more versatile, and doesn't fuck with the arrangement of the taskbar
>>
>>53817260
Tabs are a crutch for not having a directory tree.
>>
>>53817869
>press start key
>press down twice or somewhere around there
>press enter
As opposed to
>press start key
>type name of program
>press down a few more times
>press enter

It saves time. Especially if you have programs that aren't in the start menu folder and thus have to be searched every time you want to use it (for example my portable installation of eTools for D&D 3.5 or calculator.
>>
>>53817931
>step1: click button and program opens

Quick Launch master race.
>>
File: Capture.png (23 KB, 543x282) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
23 KB, 543x282
>>53817260
oy vey
>>
>>53817931
oh I was thinking of the quick launch. I still prefer typing
>type name of program
>press down a few more times
Win 10 has been a HUGE improvement in this. It has better search in general and it learns which items you're looking. I can search for random shit and get it the first try.

>>53817945
THIS is what I meant to vomit at. The taskbar is only a taskbar for me, only the currently-running applications. Mixing in application launchers screws with the workflow.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.