[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/, /v/ You've been so good to be back in the day. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: XXmdLMhFCJAU.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (68 KB, 878x494) Image search: [Google]
XXmdLMhFCJAU.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
68 KB, 878x494
/g/, /v/

You've been so good to be back in the day. I haven't visited these boards in so long. I don't know if certain terms are even allowed to be be said here. Anywho, let's get down to business.

I learned a lot here back in 2007 - 2010 when Bitcoin was getting hot. Let's say the mentor ship I used to get here has really paid off and I made a good amount of money from the San Francisco economy.

I used to run a TF2 server group back in the day.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/srslynofun

Look at the comments, we had some crazy fun!

I want to bring it back with two servers.

1. Regular Map Rotation - Server Based in Atlanta
2. Arena Map Rotation - Server Based in New York
3. Fun Zone Rotation - Server based in Chicago of San Francisco (custom plugins, profanity, mario kart, etc etc)

Obviously as life has taken over, you go do real things. But I like being able to smoke a little and kick back and play TF2. I'm about to build a CUDA/Gaming/Trading rig this summer.

TF2 has gone to shit, I want to bring back the 08 - 2010 experience. The last good update TF2 had was when they let you upgrade dispensers and teleporters to level 3. I'm also hoping to attract some C or C++ devs to work on our own unique plugins and features and shit like that.

So please reply back to this thread

1. Are you interested? Are you interested in being a mod? chipping in? ( I can pay for all of them by myself no problem )
2. Can you program? Have you developed SourceMod (is that still the "framework" of choice?) plugins before?
3. Do you like the three server theme suggestions? (Regular, Arena, Fun)
3.a What map rotations do you want to run?
3.b Should there be a vanilla only server (that's the mains server) plus a main server that runs custom maps as well
3.c What plugins/game modes do you suggest?

If I get enough interest, I'll go ahead and spin up a server. You guys tell me the maximum slots we should have. Not a fan of 32 players?

/g/ is the main thread
>>
I of course can program
>>
>>53817094
kill yourself
>>
>/g/, /v/
Nope, this is straight /v/
>>
>>53817094
Go to
>>/v/irigins
>>
LMAO so much hate!!

Oh my God is this like autoresponder or some shit
>>
>>53817141
Read the rules before posting retard.
>>
>>53817094
TF2 is 9 years old and my 3,000+ hours played are wasted.
ask /vg/ tf2 general.
>>
I love tf2 OP, and I've been around as long as you have too

I'd like to be a mod, and I think maps should be voted from a list after every round in arena at least
>>
>>53817094
Only interested if it'll be sv_cheats 1
>>
>>53817319
>>53817317
Reminder that quickplay killed a lot of community servers.
It's gonna be hard to start up a new community to have regular players
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.