[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wireless Charging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
> But in July, Qualcomm revealed that its latest wireless breakthrough now does work through metal, so it's finally a possibility for Apple.

>But Apple reportedly wants to take wireless charging one step further. Bloomberg says that the company is "exploring cutting-edge technologies that would allow iPhones and iPads to be powered from further away than the charging mats used with current smartphones."

Why is it not more popular yet? I hope the iphone 7 finally has it, because I'm sick of too many people lagging it won't become standard unless Apple does it it seems.
>>
>>53817035
How use phone wen charging?
>>
>>53819010
Why would you use your phone when sleeping?
>>
>>53819010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AFJeaYojhU
>>
reminder long range power has existed for nearly 100 years and the problem is not how, but how not to set things on fire.
>>
>>53819102
even if you can keep that fire issue down, you'd still boil the brains of small animals within the power field
>>
>>53819118
yet if you say EMF is harmful people will defend electromagnetic waves to the death.

and they solved the fire thing.
>>
>>53819175
How harmful are EMFs?
>>
>>53819190
not very unless you're exposed to very strong ones for a long time (read: years)
>>
microwaves can mess you up, like you said, you can boil small animals.

>>53819208
aformentioned defensive bros who i'm not arguing with cause i've wasted enough of my life on that already.
>>
>>53819036
Whoa kewl
>>
>>53819439
Yes it is. Apple is rumored to have partnered with them. More importantly I'm having a hard time imagining the future now. Sci-fi hasn't prepared me enough.
>>
>>53819245
>microwaves in a certain frequency range can mess you up
ftfy
>>
>>53817035
Distance charging had been around for awhile. Some of the charge mats have a range of up to a foot.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.