[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GNU/Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: Windows Linux.png (7 KB, 401x253) Image search: [Google]
Windows Linux.png
7 KB, 401x253
So now that Microsoft has bought Canonical and has integrated the Ubuntu into Windows 10, when will you faggots be reinstalling Windows? There is absolutely no reason for you to be using Linux anymore. You have full bash in Windows now, with the ability to run Linux binaries in Windows.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/ubuntu-not-linux-on-windows-how-it-works/

The only reason someone would not run Windows at this point is because they couldn't figure out how to pirate it or are completely fucking freetarded.
>>
>>53816011
Well it's just a few binaries and compatibility libraries. All your essential communications still reside on a system with questionable policies regarding user data sharing. better just say fuck the losers and ditch windows and linux
>>
>>53816080
So what are you running then? BSD?
>>
File: 1455954055666.jpg (49 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1455954055666.jpg
49 KB, 600x900
>>53816011
>So now that Microsoft has bought Canonical
Typical winbabby utilizing all his 3 damaged brain cells for critical reasoning.

Report OP, hide and sage in the options field.
>>
>>53816080
Also:

Not everyone likes apt

Leaving ricing aside, I like the power to choose DE, WM etc...

WIndows is bloated of useless shit

UNIX like os is a must for many of us

Linux file system is not shit as Windows'

Ext(1,2,3,4) vs fat32(shit)

Better control of your system in any Linux distro

Freedom as in libre

(list goes on)
>>
>>53816124
Freetard can't handle the truth.
>>
>>53816246
It was an April fools you fucktard

Lrn 2 ggle
>>
>>53816245
All package managers do the same shit.

You can do that in Windows.

No it isn't. It actually has software, unlike Linux.

This makes Windows functionally UNIX like.

There are no real differences between NTFS and EXT.

Windows doesn't use FAT32.

If you actually knew anything about Windows, you could control it.

Freedom is retarded and is the reason there is almost no software for Linux because free software almost never gets paid for.

The amount of software for Windows is reason enough to use Windows, and now that GNU/Windows exists there is no reason to use Linux.
>>
>>53816321
k

I think UNIX is a meme to you and the internet is running on meme kernel then.

It's ok
>>
>>53816246
Winkid can't handle logical perception
>>
>>53816369
Windows has a big server market share too.
>>
>>53816011
Microsoft half assed ports a hand full of Linux tools and libraries to Windows.
THATS IT GUYS LINUX IS OBSOLETE
>>
>>53816011
fuck off

sage
>>
>>53816011
But what about privacy?
What about GNOME?
What about GNU/Linux only software i need for work?
>>
>>53816011
i won't ever return to windows. GNU plus linux is the only i can use now.
>>
If bash and "linux binaries" is what is supposed to make you switch to windows why even switch?
>>
>>53816458
>muh sage is a downvote on le rebbit dot kom

>>53816462
If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

Windows Explorer > GNOME.

It will run on Windows now.

>>53816489
Games.
>>
>>53816489
That MS basically has to include Linux tools to remain relevant to companies that develop and deploy applications for Linux should be an indictment of MS, not Linux. It's 'nice' of them to do, that devs enjoy using Windows, I do not give a flying fuck. The servers will continue to run some *nix or another.
>>
>>53816515
>Games.

Really?
>>
>>53816515
>If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.
Can I get your facebook and G+ id?
>>
>>53816011
Stop shilling Pajeet
>>
>>53816535
that tux racer, though
>>
>>53816560
I don't share that information between sites, but I do have both of those things, unlike you and all the other Linux pedophiles in this thread.
>>
>>53816515
>Windows Explorer > GNOME.
Explorer.exe has stopped working
[x]restart
[ ]check for updates
>>
>>53816011
Your statement doesn't even make sense.
If I don't want/need to run windows why would I want/need to run windows with a linux compatability layer slammed ontop of it?

Thats no reason at all for a linux user to switch.
>>
>>53816589
Linux is not a toy even if you have steam minecraft and other games. I you use Linux as a tool there is no reason.
>>
>>53816592
Go on, just tell me your ID, let me have a look. You are innocent aren't you.

Besides all I can do is just see what you've been up to. Go ahead, post your facebook/G+ link
>>
>>53816618
I'm not doing this for a few reasons.

1. I might become a /g/ meme.
2. /g/ will harass me for at least a week.

It's not about having anything to hide, its about not being harassed by /g/entoomen. The fact that I have Facebook shows that I have nothing to hide. Do you have Facebook?
>>
>>53816369
>resorting to the 99% servers run linux

You know linuxfags lost when they say this.
>>
>>53816651
What did they lose?

> Facts == lose
>>
>>53816647
Why would you become a meme, you only are saying what you believe.
/g/ won't harass you. I dont even have facebook id.
Even if I did, I have things to hide, remember?
>>
>>53816688
>/g/ won't harass you.

You and I both know this is bullshit.

You don't have Facebook, which proves my point.
>>
>>53816708
/g/ won't harass you. How will they? If you have your wall/messaging open then that was your choice.

How about you blur your name and post your screenshots of your family/friends/gfs etc. Also do share your statuses, likes and shares.
If you blur your name (which is needless since you got nothing to hide) it should be okay.

Go ahead
>>
Worth mentioning that NTFS still has very poor performance compared to Linux filesystems - expect software such as Git to run dramatically slower than on Linux.
>>
is apple the only company that still respects users privacy?
>>
File: puffy.gif (121 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
puffy.gif
121 KB, 500x453
>>53816122
it has my favorite software closest upstream
>>
>>53816893
And it's Canadian. I must admit, I am tempted.
>>
>>53816916
try it in a VM for 6 months--a year and see how to feel, friend. read the manuals and subscribe to @misc
>>
>>53816708
Fuck off retard, you think you're some special snowflake for wasting time on social media, or important enough for even losers here to waste time with your profile... just kill yourself.
>>
>>53816893
CWM is the best window manager I've ever used to be honest
It's mostly keyboard controlled with a small set of commands, and lazy focus follows mouse (ie windows don't raise / lower when you hover over them)
>>
>>53816972
Mad freetard is mad.
>>
>>53816991
You tried, but I'm running pirated windows 10 enterprise with not a single purchased software, all is pirated.
>>
>>53816991
Ah, I thought you hid your tails and moved along. Good that you came back

Waiting for your faceboook ID. I really want to see your details
>>
Unicode support.
>>
>>53816651
No one gives a stinking fuck what OS you want to use. If you want to run Windows, that's cool. You don't have to suck your own dick over it. Someone liking something else does not diminish your experience.
>>
>>53816301
>Announced in March 30
>April fools
Yeah
>>
File: vlcsnap2015062222h50m27s107.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap2015062222h50m27s107.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>53816592
>Constance Colon

Top kek. Confirmed that you're just an asshole talking shit.

Also:
>talking this passionately about mere operating systems

You're cringe as fuck and evidently have nothing else going for you. Development is still better on Linux, as they tend to uphold operating systems that centre around it rather than force literal advertisements into your DE. This changes nothing.

Your argument is basically:
- Linux by itself or ...
- a Linux utility with useless bloat, lack of security, games and pictures of celebrities trying to sell stuff EMBEDDED in your start menu

Concluding that the only reason a developer would choose Windows is that they're a fucking manchild that still bases their life around a pathetic gaming addiction.

Once again, BTFO. I hope your gaymez helps you feel better.
>>
>muh gaymens
>nothing to hide
>Linux btfo
>pirates free software
You gotta be at least 18 to post.
>>
>>53816011
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Windows, is in fact, GNU/Windows, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Windows. Windows is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Windows", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Windows is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Windows is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Windows added, or GNU/Windows. All the so-called "Windows" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Windows.
>>
>>53817482
So why is Linux the least popular OS among developers according to Stackoverflow then?
>>
>>53816011
gnu isn't linux
>>
File: 1459271125617.png (1 MB, 1300x4704) Image search: [Google]
1459271125617.png
1 MB, 1300x4704
>>53817853
You fucking autism mongler, so is densely populated by sanjeep
>>
>>53816433
they just added a winelike program.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.