[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's your tech startup coming along /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: startup-office.jpg (94 KB, 570x400) Image search: [Google]
startup-office.jpg
94 KB, 570x400
How's your tech startup coming along /g/?
>>
>that pic
Do people really work on their laptops all day? That would completely kill my neck.
>>
>>53815633
Some people do.
>>
failed. Couldn't get investors, didn't have time to work on it while working a regular 48hr/week job. Guy we were working with was not pulling weight

So now I'm just working on side stuff with friends until we find something that we like or that takes off
>>
signed up to a startup competition. starts in a couple of days.
there's a few months of mentoring, then they filter out only the promising ones and they go to an "incubator" for a couple more months.
we signed up with a pretty meh idea but we got in. basically just to get our foot in the door in case we get a good idea.
i just want to quit my day job as a code monkey and stop working in a cubicle tbqh.
>>
>>53815633
why would it kill your neck?
>>
>>53816689
what do you do?
>>
We literally went from being two broke kids with no idea drinking cheap longnecks to having nine very satisfied clients both small businesses and corporate paying my mortgage and feeding my speed addiction.

Fake it until you make it and then just lie and say you never faked it and it was all skill. Also, set your expectations so low that if you fail nobody cares but also so that if you succeed it's a huge victory. Now you can celebrate by shelfing ten tabs of acid.
>>
how do i into YC
>>
>>53816837
day job is datacenter tech. 12 shifts 4 days per week
side work is android and web dev with friends. I do the majority of android work
>>
currently got fired of from being the CEO of my own company by the board of directors just after i won a lawsuit from a multi-million dollar company.
>>
>>53816910
"day job"
it's actually night shift now
>>
>>53815633
I do. I mostly keep my head straight and look down with my eyes.
>>
>>53815633
yeah but in my recliner
>>
>>53815563
Still working on it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.