[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mozilla and the copycat syndrome... And users are running again away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Copy-Cat.png (44 KB, 1000x780) Image search: [Google]
Copy-Cat.png
44 KB, 1000x780
Mozilla falls again quite a lot down in market share numbers. Now in the 10%+ range.

They should rethink their tactic that mimicking Chrome solves all their problems. At least their users seem to think more and more different about that topic and give them the middle finger.

When will Mozilla learn and change course?

http://www.techworm.net/2016/04/internet-explorer-used-browser-lose-google-chrome.html
>>
>>53811840

Fork it
>>
>>53811948
I stopped using Firefox when Australis was released.

So, i could not care less. But i care for all the users who are still being forced to accept that Mozilla is a Chrome bitch and sadly have no good alternative.
>>
>>53811840
Why can't someone make a lightweight browser that can deal with html5? Is this too much to ask? Jesus Fucking Christ
>>
File: 23324.png (216 KB, 1085x1085) Image search: [Google]
23324.png
216 KB, 1085x1085
>>53811948
I'll start work on the logo.

{edit: done}
>>
>>53812090
Just wait until Otter, Qupzilla or Qutebrowser switch over to QTWebengine.

Forked Blink without Google spystuff, problem solved.
>>
>>53812102
We need a name.
How about pamperfox ?
>>
>>53812177
change the thing on it for a spurdo and call it benisfox
>>
>>53812102
Add a yellow and brown stain on the diaper.
>>
>>53811840
People still use firefox and chrome?
>>
>>53812090
>Why can't someone make a lightweight browser that can deal with html5? Is this too much to ask? Jesus Fucking Christ

It is, HTML5 does too much shit so you can implement it "lightweight". The only reason we have semi-fast HTML5 browsers is because they either use crazy amount of (OS-specific) GPU acceleration (Edge), or because they have most of the standards implemented in quick but half-assed ways (Webkit).

Firefox tries doing things properly, which means it takes time to add support for everything, especially now that Google shits out some new semi-standard every odd day. And Mozilla is building it all on the godawful memory-bleeding Gecko engine, which is the antithesis of "lightweight" as far as browser engines go.
>>
>>53812177
RIP pamperchu
>>
>>53812177
direPox
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.