[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does captcha want me to identify numbers and pictures for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: say.jpg (22 KB, 330x410) Image search: [Google]
say.jpg
22 KB, 330x410
Why does captcha want me to identify numbers and pictures for them when they clearly already know which images are the numbers and pictures?
>>
>>53810875
Ive always wondered this myself. The image captchas though can be tricked
>>
Also wondering this
>>
they probably have a good estimate but want to increase certainty
>>
>>53810875
It's part of some sort of machine learning program so they can know what is in a picture without having to look at it.
>>
>>53810941
This.

I couldn't have said it any better.
>>
I misplace letters just to fuck with the captcha, and it still accepts them.

What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>53810974
>2016
>missing the point completely
>>
>>53810875
They offer you obviously wrong options for verification and sneak in some uncertain options for their own uses. I read up on common corner cases in computer vision algorithms [1] and noticed that you can always get those choices wrong (grass that looks like salad etc).

[1]: http://szeliski.org/Book/
>>
>>53810875
They comit a lot of mistakes and accept wrong pictures. So they don't know everything.
>>
>>53810875

SUBLIMINAL MIND CONTROL

SEEMINGLY BENIGN TASKS SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED TO ALTER YOUR BRAINWAVES

WELCOME TO THE BOTNET

ITS (You)
>>
File: everywhere.png (1 MB, 1363x759) Image search: [Google]
everywhere.png
1 MB, 1363x759
None of you remember what it was like here before captcha? Nothing but bot spam and virus links as far as the eye could see.
>>
Protip: those are from street view
>>
>>53810875
It's the botnet feeding for AI power
>>
>>53811210
<being this unacceptably old
>>
>>53811304
Be nice Cathy, or I'll tell you stories about AOL, CompuServe and GEnie.
>>
>>53811210
Whats your name closest to?
>>
>>53811658
There's a movie called "Devin and Mac Go To High School". It's a stoner comedy starring Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa.

Devin (Khalifa's character) is a highschool valedictorian who struggles to write his graduation speech, and then Mac (Snoop) gives him some weed, sparking his mind.

It's technically a GET, although almost nobody has watched this movie.

So yeah, "Devin Green" actually stands for something.
>>
>>53811806
gives him some weed, and for the first time in his life, he tries it. It sparks his mind. *

Damn, I made this sound like a summary straight outta IMDB or some movie magazine.

shiiiet
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.