[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nexus 6pee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: nexus-6p-specs-970-80.jpg (32 KB, 724x407) Image search: [Google]
nexus-6p-specs-970-80.jpg
32 KB, 724x407
Does anyone here have it? Is there anything dissapointing about it?

>inb5 some idiot suggesting a non nexus android
>>
>2016
>getting any other Android than Samsung, LG or Sony

ISHYDDT
>>
File: 1.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
yes. Overall it's pretty good. ROM support is good, expected from a Nexus phone.

>Is there anything dissapointing about it?
The native Android "Activate Display" feature is shit compared to Moto Display. It only activates when there's a message or if you tilt the phone up from the table. Lifting or removing from the pocket doesn't activate it like the Moto X phones do.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160401-225931.png (341 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160401-225931.png
341 KB, 1440x2560
Great phone but a little too big. Literal dust collector too.

Developer support seems to be pretty dead now.
>>
>>53807464
>samshit
>>
Might as well just get a Nexus 6, or wait for new Nexus.
>>
>>53807514
>dust collector
I meant dust magnet
>>
>no microsd slot
Just don't get it, 128GB UHS-I (~20MB write/~40MB read) microsd cards can go for as low as $30 some times.
>>
I like everything about it except for the lack of micro SD slot. Also the fuckhueg size is better in some situations and worse in others.
>>
>>53807464
>2016
>getting any Android
It's like you hate security and performance.
>>
Can I ask stupid phone questions here?
>>
I've had mine since early December... Here are my thoughts...

USB-C is super kickass with the rapid charge, but having a billion microUSB cables become useless overnight was a bummer. It does come with one USB-A to USB-C cable, but it's a little short for what I need.

As others have stated, no MicroSD slot is a slight inconvenience, but I really don't store a fuckload of shit on my phone anyway, so the 64GB ROM is plenty for me.

The size... fuck... I had no idea how big this thing would actually be in my hand. I got little dick fingers to begin with so holding this thing in one hand is a little awkward, but I've gotten used to it quickly.

Another problem with the sheer size is finding a place to put the thing. It seems to work best in a chest pocket so I don't end up crushing the thing under my fat american ass, but when I'm wearing a t-shirt I feel like I'm kinda forced to carry it around in my hand.

All that being said, I am totally happy with the purchase and currently waiting for my Project Fi SIM card to show up in my mailbox.

YMMV
>>
>>53808133
Go on, Ross.
>>
File: 0099654_PE241848_S5.jpg (376 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
0099654_PE241848_S5.jpg
376 KB, 2000x2000
>>53807438
>>
>>53807438
>Does anyone here have it?
yes
>Is there anything dissapointing about it?
lack of hardware buttons and microsd slot

but it's still worth it. best phone on the market right now. i'm never buying samsung again.
>>
>>53808201
Well Jay, I have a Kyocera hydro. Solid device. At some point I will be fed up with it being slow and want to upgrade, but I want a phone with similar characteristics like removable battery, water resistance and battery life. I found a website that will compare phones, but it's a slog. I can't just type in xyz narrow my list.
Do you gents suggest a site?
>>
>>53807464
>not getting nexus devices

Its like you enjoy never getting updates and having bullshit tacked onto the UI
>>
>>53808213
underrated post
>>
Wtf this is a blue board Alfred!
>>53807438
>>
>>53807438
I have it.
It berry good like any nexus but...

>blue color shift
>no SD card
>might be to big for some
>>
>>53808413
>to big

4u
>>
It has far surpassed my battery life expectations, fast, and good photos.

Just a bit big and slippery without case
>>
>>53808125
It's like you hate having control of you shit.
>>
>>53808565
your*
>>
>>53807438
I have had it for a about a week now so I guess I can share some thoughts. The 6p was my upgrade from the iPhone 4. Originally I thought it was going to be to big but after maneuvering a cardboard cut out a week prior and getting a better keyboard app the phone became more doable. I love everything about this phone even though the battery life is kinda ify USB-C quick charging is the most next level shit I have ever experienced in a smart phone. This shit gets to 40% I put it on the charger, watch a few youtube videos and it's back with a full charge. I have fiddled around with other android devices but this one is soo much more fun using and after enabling the developer mode and changing the animation speed the phone becomes more snappier. I like the stock look way better than other OEMs and it gives a blank canvas to try new stuff. Later down the line I want to try other ROMs but I am digging the now on tap feature. All in all its a good phone I went with the 32 GB because I stream most of my music but to each it's own

>disappointing features
The ambient display is kinda wonky
>>
File: Capture.png (225 KB, 363x291) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
225 KB, 363x291
Very happy with this phone.
>>
>>53807517
wow such insight nice to see reddits here to stay
>>
>>53808196
>mfw I heard samshit talking abut how they're going to usb-c but didn't do it on the 7 because they didn't want to fuck over ppl with microusb or deprecate their vr setup

It's coming bruh, it sucks that you transitioned early but you'd have to do it at some point
>>
>>53808289
How about Xperia (Compact) series? They lack the removable battery but got a pretty long lasting one already. Outside of them, most water resistant phones are from Samsung Galaxy series, from S4 on.

Galaxy Alpha, Note 4 and LG G4 got replaceable battery but lack water resistance. The last two are quite bit, so it might be a huge step up.

Kyocera Brigadier seems like the most direct but barely better replacement of your current phone.
>>
>>53807497
I have one.
Its had a few issues - first one my screen went out and it crashed quite often. Second one they sent has been stable and quick.
But for $550 cash (pre-ordered 64gb), its fantastic. The camera is astounding, battery life best I ever had, very clean OS - it's great.

One issue I noticed, and not sure if its just me, but visiting 4chan via chrome on it is a pain in the ass. Especially posing on /pol/. It takes ages to load the thread, and when you post some shit, takes ages to update the page. I don't know if all my /pol/ posts are being re-routed through the NSA servers or some shit, but the laggyness of 4chan, on Chrome, on the 6P is infuriating.

>>53807497
The moto active display is something I miss a lot, its true.

>>53808196
This is also a bad point. I ordered 3rd party USB-C cables and they dont fucking charge the phone.
>>
>>53808565
Given that you can't even encrypt Android without gimping the performance even more ... there isn't that much control. And no, nobody with a job cares about ricing.
>>
>>53808833
Why dont you use clover?
>>
>>53808858
mines encrypted and I dont notice any performance issues

>>53808930
Just DL'd it. Seems quick so far, thanks for the tip.
>>
my contract finally runs out in august, is there anything better than the 6p coming out before then
>>
>>53808858
My name is Curtis
>>
>>53807497
>he walks around with an anime background on his phone
Wew lad.
>>
>>53808431
*too big

Do I look like a manlet?
>>
>>53809182
>not protecting your virginity by all means possible
>>
>>53809182
not him but I do too, nobody ever says anything because I'm not an ugly, autistic neckbeard.
>>
>>53809502
At least anime posters waste less space with the new design.
>>
>>53807438
Nothing, the Samsung Galaxy S7™ is an amazing device.
>>
>>53808196
>putting things in your back pocket

The ultimate autism
>>
>>53809502
Take a selfie so we know you're not a ugly autistic neckbeard
>>
>>53808606

I would be if the camera app didn't crash 90% of the time.
>>
>>53812279
weird it barely crash for me, but I see saw weird artefact line showing up and dissapearing some time.
>>
>>53808679
I figured anyone on /g/ would have been shit on already for suggesting Samsung, so you'd know why
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.