[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does logicalincrements have such shit suggestions? Why'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Why does logicalincrements have such shit suggestions? Why'd you get a CPU with integrated graphics when you're getting such GPU? Wasn't there a Xeon equivalent to these without int. graphics, anyone remembers which one it is?
>>
Xeon E3-1231v3 for Haslel
Xeon E3-1230v5 for Skymeme

The Haslel one works on a $40 board while the Skymeme one needs a $140 board. Still better choices than a fucking locked i7 in every case.
>>
>>53803116
Why not, when it's still cost effective even with the included iGPU
>>
>>53803152
ty anon
>>
>>53803116
Shit suggestions = cheapest suggestions

If you know what you want, its obvious the site wasnt made for you.
>>
>>53803116
Thefalcon sold out. Notice that his site is a fully dynamic abomination, complete with ads and googleanalytics. Of course the quality of his suggestions went to shit at the same time.
>>
Because sometimes your graphics card goes haywire and you still need to see your fucking desktop.

Or you're an enthusiast and your messing with your graphics card and you fuck around with it.

Or maybe you care about energy efficiency and you want to run non-demanding applications off your integrated card (i remember some motherboards used to allow for that, don't know about now).

There's are a myriad of reasons why having an integrated graphics solution isn't necessarily a bad idea.
>>
>>53807449
This, or you want to have Linux host and Windows guest with GPU passthrough
>>
>>53803116
I wouldn't go for the locked ones, but it makes more sense to get an unlocked CPU than a Xeon.
>>
>>53807518
no way man, I don't buy that "consumer" stuff, I'm special, I need a server chip for my shitty desktop that works the same as an i7 but it uses a more expensive chipset.
>>
File: Xeon E3-1241v3.png (57 KB, 407x403) Image search: [Google]
Xeon E3-1241v3.png
57 KB, 407x403
>>53803152

>Xeon E3-1231v3 for Haslel

NO! Xeon E3-1241v3 for Haswell!

Master Race!
>>
>>53807745
>being a 3.5 clocklet
>>
How about because you're a fucking idiot.

The iGPUs on those things are the baggage of intel having no competition
>>
>>53807824

>Turbo boost for 3.9GHz.
>>
>>53807982
>1 core
>still a clocklet
>>
There's a lot of reasons for a cpu to have an iGPU op.
>>
>>53808012

>2 cores for default, but you can set the 4 cores.

Now btfo!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.