[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not using kvm pass through >2016 Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Attach2342_20160331_194319.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
Attach2342_20160331_194319.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>not using kvm pass through
>2016

Why?
>>
literally what
>>
I see OP accomplished osmething today.
For me it is affording a second card.
>>
>>53801374
I'm using a $10 7100GS
You should get a GT210
>>
>>53800964
>tfw cuckvidia blocks you from passing through your gpu
JUST
>>
>>53801410
the 980ti works...
>>
>>53800964
Because I can just use another computer.
>>
>>53801495
Yeah, you only have to disable hyper v enlightenments and hide from the os that you are running it in a vm.
>>
>>53801410
you dont even need to do that anymore, google qemu hv_vendor_id
>>
>>53801410
OP here

This is a 770GTX passed.

If you're geting the 7B BSOD, make sure you're running it through QEMU diectly. virt-manager is retarded (or maybe libvirt) and none of the CPU hiding/copy flags work so nvidia detects it and fucks it up.

My launch script:
#!/bin/bash

sh /home/dontpanic/virtual/run-qemu -enable-kvm -m 1024 -cpu host,kvm=off \
-smp 4,sockets=1,cores=4,threads=1 \
-device vfio-pci,host=05:00.0,x-vga=on -device vfio-pci,host=05:00.1 \
-device virtio-scsi-pci,id=scsi \
-drive file=/home/dontpanic/vtw/windows.img,id=disk,format=raw,if=none -device scsi-hd,drive=disk \
-drive file=/home/dontpanic/Desktop/kekle.iso,id=isocd,if=none -device scsi-cd,drive=isocd \
-drive file=/home/dontpanic/Downloads/virtio-win-0.1.102.iso,id=virtiocd,if=none -device ide-cd,bus=ide.1,drive=virtiocd \
-usb -usbdevice host:04ca:0061 -usbdevice host:24f0:0137 \
-vga none
/usr/bin/synergys --daemon --config /etc/synergy.conf
>>
>>53801607
[/code]
-cpu host,kvm=off,hv_spinlocks=0x1fff,hv_relaxed,hv_vapic,hv_time,hv_vendor_id=Nvidia43FIX"
[/code]
Like this?
>>
>>53801739
Oops, fucked up my tags.
>>
I've actually got every set up properly for it and it was working but I wanted to change some options on the qcow2 image I was using and now windows hangs on the getting files ready for installation part.
Like for fucks sakes. Why is wangblows so shit.
>>
>>53801739
No,

Its either or, the hv id is so you dont need to turn ooff the KVM features.
>>
I haven't gotten around to building the server I'm going to use for it yet

I'm replacing my desktop with a mini ITX server with Atom C2750, 32GB RAM, 4x4TB HDDs in RAID10, and an LTO4 drive
>>
Serious question, why should I pick KVM over OpenVZ? Looking at getting a VPS soon. Also any hosting advice for web applications is appreciated.
>>
>>53801841
>While virtualization technologies like VMware and Xen provide full virtualization and can run multiple operating systems and different kernel versions, OpenVZ uses a single patched Linux kernel and therefore can run only Linux. All OpenVZ containers share the same architecture and kernel version. This can be a disadvantage in situations where guests require different kernel versions than that of the host. However, as it does not have the overhead of a true hypervisor, it is very fast and efficient.[1]

>Memory allocation with OpenVZ is soft in that memory not used in one virtual environment can be used by others or for disk caching. While old versions of OpenVZ used a common file system (where each virtual environment is just a directory of files that is isolated using chroot), current versions of OpenVZ allow each container to have its own file system.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.