[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fuck github, how dare they take my student bux away?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1459133631347.jpg (77 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459133631347.jpg
77 KB, 768x1024
fuck github, how dare they take my student bux away?
>>
>>53799368
is she dead?
>>
>>53799393
drunk
>>
>>53799368
did she died?
>>
>>53799368
Seriously a dick move.

Since I only have a month before my $120 expires, decided to spin up 9 of those $10 a month ones and set up gluster for ~300 gigs of storage, h@h, a ftp server, and transmission-daemon.
>>
>>53799368
azusa out for a night on the town.jpg
>>
>>53799418
yeah, will be moving after they shut it off, because fuck them changing the rules halfway in. never using digital ocean again.
>>
>>53799434
>halfway in
I've had credit in my account since 2014 that apparently expires in a month with no prior warning.

Was planning on running my shitty VPS off of that for another 2 years.
>>
>>53799455
yep, was still running the 5 dollar a month droplet, so i had like 10 more months paid off, but fuck 'em
>>
>>53799476
Pretty much.

Probably going to go switch my suff over to VULTR in a few weeks, since I've heard good things about them.

Definitely not going to give DigitalOcean any of my shekels.
>>
>>53799528
Using vultr right now, it's wonderful, cheap, good support for installing custom iso's and the dashboard is clean and makes sense.
>>
>I check my map again, clearly I'm walking in circles.
>>
>>53800154
I wonder if https://github.com/drizzt/vps2arch works on vultr.

Always liked running Arch on servers.
>>
>>53800286
I've never seen that before, but I installed arch from the normal iso's on vultr, theres a tutorial from vultr about it and it works great, been running it for a few months and no issues.
>>
>>53800426
Neat.

I'll have to look into that this weekend.

Since I'll have to set everything up again, might as well try some fun things like running my own DNS server and setting up Let's Encrypt too.
>>
>>53799368
what happened? I got my DO $100 credit almost a year ago and still have over $50 left
>>
>>53800611
>We’re truly sorry if this came as a surprise. As of March 2015, we revised our Terms of Service announcing that we’re no longer able to offer credits that do not expire, and any unused credit added to your account more than 12 months ago will expire.
>>
>>53800664
so i should waste the remaining $50 before they steal it from me?
>>
>>53800683
Make a website called Fuck Digital Ocean. We'll spam it for you.
>>
>>53800683
Probably.

Seems like you have at least a few months to spend it though.

I've gotta spend over $100 this month before it disappears.

>After reviewing the situation at hand, I am sorry to say we will not be able to re-apply the credits onto the account for you. Please do understand that, moving forward, any unused balance from account credits will expire and be removed from your account 12 months after the credit is redeemed.

>I am sorry that you feel we did not provide ample notice to the expiration of credits on your account. We do wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

;_;

>>53800785
If anybody wants to mess with an ftp server that will only be up for less than a month:

ftp.kuudere.moe
user: rei
pass: clones

http://ftp.kuudere.moe/

Still have ~240 GB available.

Just don't get me arrested pls.
>>
I'll just let the $100 be gone. I just regret jumping the gun when shit was on fire.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.