[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tablet repair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tab.jpg (45 KB, 767x767) Image search: [Google]
tab.jpg
45 KB, 767x767
Looking at buying a samsung tab a 9.7 with a cracked screen for dirt cheap. Found some pretty cheap replacement screens online and was gonna repair it myself. Any one ever tried this? Is it easy to fuck up?
>>
>>53798577

I tried this and fucked it up.
>>
>>53798625
Anything break?
>>
>>53798577
The problem is that it may not just be a bad screen. It really depends on how the touch screen is implemented.
>>
>>53798577
Replacing phone screens is hard enough. 10 inch screen? Good fucking luck.
>>
>touchwizz
>>
I have a note 10.1 with a cracked screen and said fuck it after hearing how difficult fixing the screen was. Just gonna be recycled until I get a surface pro 4 or something.
>>
>>53798720
yes... multiple things broke. rendered completely unusable. it's not worth it
>>
Would think its easier to repair a tablet than a phone, less smaller parts to deal with
>>
Speaking of which, I have a tablet now where half the screen doesn't work. It does come with a micro HDMI slot so I was going to repurpose it as a android TV box (kodi, mobdro etc) is there a good app for me to control my tablet from another device
>>
>>53798577
I got a nexus 7 (2012) with a cracked digitizer and I tried fixing it. I ended up cracking the screen trying to separate it from the broken glass and then and I gouged my thumb on some broken glass. Even though I got the tablet for free, I only made like $8 selling it. I lost money once you factor in my time to repair it. It was very not worth it.

If it is a laminated screen (which I believe it is), you need to replace both the digitizer and the lcd with a laminated replacement unit. If you buy two separate units, you will have a very bad looking screen when the glass makes contact with the lcd itself (which looks like having liquid trapped in between the layers or delamination of a top layer)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.