[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Android will supplant Windows on desktops in your lifetime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1459365114815.jpg (73 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
1459365114815.jpg
73 KB, 600x387
>>
>>53798110
Ok anon, Angry Birds is fun, but it's not that fun.
>>
File: Excel.png (184 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Excel.png
184 KB, 1280x800
>>53798138

>he doesn't know that Android runs Microsoft Office now
>>
>>53798110
You dont know when i will die, so potentially not.
>>
File: A308.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
A308.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
I for one welcome our new touch-sensitive overlords.
>>
File: slatebook.png (336 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
slatebook.png
336 KB, 640x360
>>53798172

Are you terminally-ill, anon?
>>
>>53798110
Bwahahahaha no it won't. Could I have some of what you're smoking please? It must be pretty potent stuff.
>>
>>53798156
I use LaTeX

also I don't think you know this OP but we can all see exactly how many replies/unique posters are in the thread & it's clear you're samefagging...
>>
>>53798110
>useless botnet OS supplants another useless botnet OS
>>
>>53798110
I might be on my deathbed when it happens. Apps are going to take decades to catch up.
>>
I'm fine with iOS and no lag thank you
>>
>>53798110
A lot of people are using tablets instead of laptops now days.

It's more convenient. Especially for facebook zombies that don't do any actual computing anyway.
>>
>>53798638
Latex and Excel are completely different use cases
>>
File: android.jpg (41 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
android.jpg
41 KB, 640x400
>>53798638

>I use LaTeX

Beat by Android again.

Stop clinging to the past, anon.
>>
>>53798510
Sounds like you haven't really thought about it. Android is a true next-gen OS with a curated marketplace and actual security. The most important use of a PC today is to run a web browser and Google makes the best web browser, native, for Android.
>>
>>53801429
Chrome for Android doesn't even have extensions.
>>
>>53798110

But anon, Android won't supplant MY desktop in my lifetime.
>>
>>53798110
You seem to say this as if it's a good thing. Android isn't GNU/Linux. Google's malevolence makes Microsoft look like a hamfisted fool.
>>
OP's right... The year of the Linux desktop is among us; Except it's not a distro it's android.
The Wall Street Journal had an article late last year detailing how android and not chrome OS will be Alphabet's OS of choice for computing.
Windows Nine is nein
>>
>>53802472
anything or anybody makes microsoft look like a hamfisted fool.
>>
>>53801102
That doesn't look like a full LaTeX editor, just some basic tool to fuck around with formulas.

>>53799315
>Office is just Excel
While Excel is certainly the part of office that is the least useless, he was clearly talking about Word.
>>
>>53801429
That's still retarded because normies will use their tablet or phone for that, not their laptop or desktop. As for chrome for android, it's lacking several hundred features to make it bearable on a device with a pointer as an input device.

It's still not going to happen, you're still an idiot for thinking it will happen. In the end, I don't have to prove anything or put anything forth, I just have to let time do its thing.
>>
>>53798110
>16gb ram
>i7-4790K
>Android still lags
do not want.
>>
>>53798110
Fucking GOOD. It's already replaced it on my laptop.

At least Google isnt double dipping unlike microcock.

You want my info for advertising instead of payment? OK fine.

You want a payment instead...also fine.

If you think you can get both go fuck yourself.
>>
Not when things like the Galaxy TabPro S and Surface exist
>>
>>53803139
>I have no idea what I'm talking about
Keep spouting ignorance anon.
>>
>>53799268
It's taken over 33 years to get to 64 bit desktop computing. Mobile has reached that in seven years.

A singularity will happen in our lifetime. We're already seeing it now with kickstarters and crowdfunded projects giving dozens of takes on the same technologies. At this point the only limiting factor for computing is the companies manufacturing them.
>>
>>53798364
Im fat, so ill die at least a little early
>>
>>53803708
>Mobile has reached that in seven years.
Because catching up is easier
>>
Honestly, so what?

If it replaces something like Windows, all powerful software will go there. Android will become an actual OS rather than something just suitable for tablets. If both work and entertainment can be done in a single platform, nothing wrong with that.

It's like, imagine if Windows disappear. The rest of the media just doesn't die, they choose a different platform. You talk as if we're going to keep with Android 7 for the rest of our lives.
>>
>>53802535

>some basic tool to fuck around with formulas

... isn't that what LaTeX is?
>>
>>53803373

>What is the Transformer Pad?
>What is the Pixel C?

Keep deluded.
>>
>>53802535
>That doesn't look like a full LaTeX editor, just some basic tool to fuck around with formulas.
You can install Debian in a chroot and dump texlive+Emacs in there.
>>
>>53798110
right.... they've been saying this for years and it has not happened yet.
You have to take into account the os limitations and the fact that there is a giant library of software that won't magically be ported overnight.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.