[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that the legend himself looks down on all of you who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3929x1240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3929x1240
Reminder that the legend himself looks down on all of you who rice your desktop.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 750x763) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 750x763
>>53796953
Full email
>>
>>53797049
>>53796953
>looks down on all of you who rice your desktop

It doesn't imply that at all. It just states that he doesn't do it himself.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>53796953
pretty much this >>53798783

I don't have time for that != I don't have time for that and it's a waste of time

For the record, I don't rice either, I just don't have time for it with my other hobbies.
>>
>>53797049
how do you fucking send an email to stallman and forget to call it GNU/Linux?
>>
https://anders.unix.se/2015/10/28/screenshots-from-developers--unix-people-2002/

https://anders.unix.se/2015/12/10/screenshots-from-developers--2002-vs.-2015/

most people who actually get things done don't waste their time ricing and instead use defaults
>>
>>53798923
>a couple examples
>"most people"
some people just like technology (surprise!) an like fucking with their computers. Nothing wrong with that. I don't even rice my desktop I am just using standard gnome DE with the stock wallpaper even
>>
>>53798973
>>"most people"
no I said most people who actually get things done. no one who rices actually does anything useful with their computers
>>
Stallman unironically does everything from within emacs using inferior elisp alternatives to real programs, like screen, tmux, and dvtm haven't been written yet

he's a baby duck from the era of printing terminals who eventually got used to glass TTYs and even full character cell displays...and not much after that.

>>53798923
Many of those are quite clearly riced, not default. Looks like shit != not riced. What, do you think changing your WM and gtk theme to dark and minimal ones magically takes more effort? Do you think removing elements from the panel takes more effort than re-arranging and adding them? Do you think it's harder to set an anime wallpaper from /w/ than a generic one off google images?

It's not

Rice is fucking easy and takes five minutes unless you go balls to the wall with firefox CSS
>>
>>53798916
for the keks
>>
>>53796953
>Worshiping him
He did the FSF which is nice, but other than that he's not special.
>>
>>53796953
I rather suspect that if he asked you about how you use a computer, and you said "I'm glad I have the freedom to modify my software, so I can change my desktop to look exactly how I want", he'd find nothing objectionable about that.

also this >>53800917
>>
>>53797049
Damn it, Ivan.
>>
>>53797049
>1993
underage gtfo
>>
>>53797049
>Is it really just Linux that you're using, or is it the GNU system plus Linux? I suspect the latter because Linux (a kernel) is not designed to be used by itself.

My God, the autism on this one...
>>
File: desktop_rob_malda.png (390 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
desktop_rob_malda.png
390 KB, 1024x768
>>53798923
>anime girl

Meme magic is real.
>>
>>53796953
>no idea who the fuck this is from the OP image
>takes a photo instead of a screenshot
>>
>>53798783
OP is obviously autistic
>>
File: tmux.png (31 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tmux.png
31 KB, 800x600
Terminal only installs are the ultimate ricing.
>>
File: slowmotionhandsputtedtogether.gif (3 MB, 400x213) Image search: [Google]
slowmotionhandsputtedtogether.gif
3 MB, 400x213
>>53796953
you're wrong he overriced it to he maximum posible minimalism
>genius, just bravo!
>>
>>53798923
"I don’t know how to make a screenshot"
-Richard Stallman, 2002

"Ive never installed GNU/Linux"
-Richard Stallman, 2014
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.