[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name That Hardware
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: IMAG0164.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0164.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
Have you ever been curious about the function of a specific piece of hardware but were too embarrassed to ask? Jump in and I'll do my best to answer.

I'll go first. It's some sort of Ethernet probe with a red sensor at the tip
>pic related

>inb4 sex toy
>>
>>53794781
barcode reader.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 559x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 559x282
I found this in a cabinet where I work. Is it some sort of PoE injector?
>>
>>53794819
doesn't that just fry the computer you plug it into
>>
Buttplug Over Ethernet?
>>
>>53794819
rofl
>>
>>53794819
It's a NEMA RJ-45 cord, you are correct that it is a PoE injector.
>>
>>53794781

Looks like a barcode scanner for a hand-held ordering terminal.

I worked for a convenience store that had to use this god awful clunky hand held device with that same attatchment, we would use the pen to scan the barcode, and use the handheld to input qty, etc.

Then, (to make matters worse), you had to couple the terminal to a phone, with a strap, the thing would circumvent the phone using noise through the mouthpiece, and your order would be placed.
>>
>>53794781
Like the other guys said, its a barcode scanner. Ottawa Public Library back in the 80s and 90s is the only place I remember seeing them. They also had benches lined with amber vt220 terminals to search for books which was dope as hell. These days, shitty web interface on locked down IE browsers that spit out errors all the fucking time
>>
>>53794830

eth kill
>>
File: zHMEHhH.jpg (423 KB, 2259x580) Image search: [Google]
zHMEHhH.jpg
423 KB, 2259x580
>>53794854
With that said, I would not plug that into an outlet seeing how sketchy that cable looks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.