[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a big website and I need a Facebook fanpage to promote
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Phone-number-look-up.jpg (43 KB, 572x295) Image search: [Google]
Phone-number-look-up.jpg
43 KB, 572x295
I have a big website and I need a Facebook fanpage to promote it to normalfags.

In order to register an username, I need an SMS verification

My concern is that stupid Facebook will somehow leak to people that has my phone number (it's my personal number) that I have that big website generating a decent amount of ad revenue (I want to keep it to myself).

I don't feel like buying a SIMcard for an additional phone number just to get a FB username.

So my question is: Does FB notify people that has your number notify that you own that FB when you enter your number?

Im using a brand new FB, a brand new email, but my concern is the phone number.

I've set everything to as private as possible.
I've noticed that FB doesn't allow you to set "Who can look you up using the email address or phone number you provided?" to "only me" which is ridiculous (pic related), but since it's a Fanpage, there are no "Friends" so this seems irrelevant.

Please help.
>>
I hate making threads that get 0 replies.
>>
File: 1438327062865.png (174 KB, 429x491) Image search: [Google]
1438327062865.png
174 KB, 429x491
>>53790363
>>
>>53790363
Hello
>>
No, but just set it so that your number is hidden and people can't look you up by it.

"Friends Only" just means that if someone you're friends with types in a phone number to the search bar, it will display your name. It also means that if someone had your phone number saved on their phone, they could sync their contact details etc.

Basically, if you're not friends with them, noone could bruteforce your number or whatever using facebook.
>>
google voice with an existing number will get you a second number for sms text messages, but you already knew this right
>botnet
>>
>>53790547
Friends means facebook friends that's right.

But on fanpage, people that hit like for example.. that isn't a friend right? Are there the concept of "friends" in fanpages? or subscribers or something?

Im going to have 0 friends on the Facebook profile anyway, im not going to use it, only the fanpage.

Im just so fucking paranoid about FB doing some retarded shit and revealing people I know that I have a big site that's pretty embarrassing (it's like a Perez Hilton type of website). Like I log in from my smartphone on that account and it sends a notification to people that has my phone (people i have added on my phone list) or some shit. Can you fucking imagine.

Then there's this shit:

https://www.rt.com/news/facebook-email-phone-leak-109/

Or the fact that FB may change their rules or something in the future, nobody knows.
>>
>>53790602
Im not in USA. I think Google Voice doesn't work outside of USA.
>>
>>53789766
>My concern is that stupid Facebook will somehow leak to people
"Hey mom, can I use your phone?"

Or just send her in to buy a prepaid, and use that.
>>
>>53790796
Why would I send her to buy a prepaid? I can buy it myself, I just don't want to.

I can't use anyone's else phone too obviously, no one knows I own the website, I don't want anyone to know. I need to own the phone myself.
>>
Fb will indirectly leak your number by suggesting your account and anything linked tto it to anyone on fb who has you phone number in their contacts. Doesn't matter if you hide it
>>
As soon as you provide a phone no to fb. They immediately know everyone who knows you because they've all got fb on their phones and have uploaded their address books.

That's also why using a fake name is pointless. ALL your friends have uploaded your email address and/or phone number along with your real name.

Only solution is to use an email / phone that no one else knows
>>
>>53789766
>I don't feel like buying a SIMcard
what the fuck
payg sim cards are free, you can activate it with like a 1£ topup
what country do you live in man?
>>
>>53790834
Jesus holy fuck, why are you so against the idea of buying some cheapo prepaid and registering with it? I don't get it, you are paranoid as fuck over this shit but you refuse to do the most sensible thing that literally solves whole problem.
>>
>>53789766
get a free google voice and use that
>>
>>53790677
Yes, friends are facebook friends. Someone who has gone to your profile and pressed "Add", then you press "Accept".

Likes on a page are not friends.
>>
>>53791574
There's no such thing in my country.
Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uIJnXbzqqM

If I try to go to

www.google.com/voice

It redirects me to:

https://support.google.com/chat/answer/3379791

I don't get that webpage on the video, with the phone number shit and so on.

>>53791516
>>53791463
Are you guys fucking kidding me?
How does FB do that? By that rule of thumb, I would have seen suggested people that I have the phone number from on the FB I created with a different email.

Maybe this happens only if you log in through your smartphone with the FB app and not through the computer? I don't get it.

>>53791547
Eurofag. But I think I will get a simcard, but again, my fucking question being: I would be annoyed that they delete my phone number after X months of the simcard not getting any use.
>>
>>53791516
>>53791463
I forgot. Does Google do this shit too? Beucase I used my phone number on my Youtube channel, and Adsense account.
I've set it that no one can search my profile by typing the number and I doubt there's a way they will ever find out.

I think FB is way worse than Google/Youtube with privacy so im going to get a fucking SIMcard I guess to not gamble with it.
>>
>>53791985
Honestly, if your site is doing well, you need a business line (and you hardly have to pay anything for it).

There are a few apps that give you new numbers, you could even pay for a cheap VoIP.

What's the site?
>>
>>53793104
>Honestly, if your site is doing well, you need a business line (and you hardly have to pay anything for it).
I have never needed a phone before, it's ad revenue.. it's not like im dealing with clients.
I see it as an unnecessary expense. I just need the Facebook, and a peace of mind that nobody will find out.

>What's the site?
Sharing shit on 4chan is a mistake.
>>
>>53789766
Use one of those stupid free phone apps like Pinger text free or text+
Just look up free texting on your app store and you're bound to find a bunch of apps
>>
>>53794592
Lmao at Pinger, this used to work back in the day, now it doesn't.

All of that shit has been banned by the major sites (Google, Facebook etc)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.