[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
windows 10 upgrading without permission
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Snapchat-7509730319754393062.jpg (736 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7509730319754393062.jpg
736 KB, 1440x2560
>>53781304
Same op from yesterdays thread.
Just because I forgot and wanted to clarify , I did had auto updates off. I didn't want that shit at all and had them all turned off. I was mid game and it just hit me with the blue "restarting" screen. Then when it came back it was just the windows updating screen. It slowed my pc down at first for a few hours but I fixed it up a bit and now its fine. Still pissed as hell about this though.
>>
>>53788074
You've tried aegis-voat?
>>
>>53788119
No I didn't, I looked at it and thought about it but got lazy and put it off. My fault for not being careful and trusting that windows wouldn't rape me if I left it alone.
>>
What version of Windows did you have before?
Did you disable updates before or after GWX managed to download Win10 to your PC?
Did you keep installing updates manually after disabling automatic updates?
>>
File: 1459397900396.jpg (206 KB, 1080x1275) Image search: [Google]
1459397900396.jpg
206 KB, 1080x1275
>>53788169
I was running 8.1 but had them turned off for over a year and it was before it had downloaded windows 10. Though to be fully honest I think I did manual download some updates around November for a bugfix.
>>
>>53788074
OP, all memes aside, try Ubuntu. You'll love it. It's the most spoonfeeding GNU/Linux distro out there and /flt/ (/g/'s last good thread) will help you if you have any trouble.

Just a suggestion.
>>
>>53788248
Im really thinking about it. I had it a few years back and just never put it back on when I got a new laptop. Is there a better way of running non-linux programs now? Before it was a waste of time to even try. (Need my shit vidya games)
>>
>>53788338
Not really. More games run native on linux now (mostly steam shit) but otherwise it's the same old WINE stuff with some gaymes working and some not.
>>
For this to have happened you need to have installed and neglected the "upgrade to W10 app" update. Don't get me wrong, this sucks and Microsoft is still unethical but this is not news. In fact this was literally foretold months ago by Microsoft itself and in a lot of news.
>>
>>53788468
I told it to go away over and over, is that what you mean?
>>
>>53789173
Telling it to go away != uninstalling it

You brought this upon yourself
>>
>>53788074
Microsoft is phasing out 7 and 8, You will either upgrade or be nagged until you do.

It makes sense from a support perspective, Less versions to support.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.